Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Version 14.x - Update Information

Community, 
As you may be aware we began rolling out our new update today that brings new features and a redesigned application we hope you'll enjoy.  
Note that you may have recently updated your mobile or desktop applications to version 14.x.  To clarify, the remainder of the system update is currently releasing and we expect all users to receive it by December 1st.  If you'd like to learn about what to expect now, more information can be found HERE
Thanks! 
198 REPLIES 198
Highlighted
Ifitfits
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2016

Re: Version 14.x - Update Information

Sounds lovely. Now when are you going to fix the Bose/Samsung incompatibilty problem that means my brand new Bose Soundtouch 300 system will not communicate with my Samsung c9000 tv? Unless this is fixed in the next week I am taking the boxes bac and getting a refund.
Highlighted
billprew
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

I followed the download link in this post but it is showing version 13 for Windows, not version 14, what's up with that, how do I update to the new version on Windows?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi billprew,

Thank you for your inquiry. Since the update is staged, you will be prompted to update sometime between now and December 1st. The link you clicked is still linking to version 13 since not all users will be prompted to update right away.  If you are not prompted to update by December 1st, that’s when you would use the link.

Thank you   

Highlighted
billprew
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

Interesting.  Today there was an update for my Soundtouch which I went ahead and installed.  After that installed, and I restarted the Windows app, it no longer sees the SoundTouch.  Stuff like this just shouldn't happen, was hoping the Windows app update might resolv but I guess I'm stuck for now.
Highlighted
JB2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2016

Yawn.....let us know when you worked out your issues with Apple Music compatibility....I'll be shopping the Sonos brand until then
Highlighted
tjthayer
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

New color scheme, "Explore" menu replaced with an icon, and "Play Everywhere" is now "Play All"... And not a single new music service? Literally SMH.
The stereo pairing for the SoundTouch 10 is a neat feature - and completely worthless to those of us who chose larger systems. Why limit it to the 10? I'd be perfectly happy putting two 20s in the same room if I had stereo paring. BOSE -- I HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY AND I'VE BEEN BEGGING YOU TO TAKE IT, but you just don't care. All you had to do was give me a single reason to invest more in the Bose ecosystem. You failed.
Hopefully your illustrious product manager will stop by again (once every 3 years or so?) and make some more empty promises (or at least hints) for vaporware. That seemed to quiet the angry mob for a couple months, but they probably aren't going to be far from their pitchforks and torches.

Disappointed and disgusted.
I give up. Seriously, I'm done...
Anyone want to buy a perfectly maintained SoundTouch 30 and five SoundTouch 20s? Mint condition. Willing to trade for a SONOS system if you have one.
Highlighted
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

I feel like we're stuck in the dark ages here.  Its literally impossible to seek within a track in the Bose app - pretty much every type of consumer audio product has had some way to do this since the dawn of the phonograph (move a phonograph needle, fast forward a tape cassette, seek on a CD or MP3 player) but this most basic of features doesn't even see to be on Bose's to-do list.    Broadcasting the AUX input has been on the to-do list forever but seems to be destined never to be done.  And despite the promised faster adding of new music services, no new ones are added, while Amazon Music support continues to be rudimentary and almost not worth bothering with.  Yes, the current Bose App looks like a poorly thought-out web page from the early 2000's, but at least it works for what its supposed to do.  Updating it is welcome but ultimately not as important as some of these other huge gaps in the software.   
felipefaccini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

really, this was the "big November update"?
Highlighted
ofusball21
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2016

What about users of the Echo Dot that are using Line in and not bluetooth?  This is a major miss and needs to be a configuration from the app to keep the Aux input active.