Highlighted
Finn65
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: Version 14.x - Update Information

This update does absolutely nothing to restore airplay functionality to my Wave Soundtouch, which used to work great up until a couple of months ago.  It stopped working altogether after one of the supposedly wonderful updates.  I contacted Bose for support and got a half a$$ed answer that did nothing to resolve the issue.  Then a couple of weeks ago I received a promise that this update would fix it.  Well, it didn't.  So here I sit staring at a product that I paid quite a bit for that doesn't do what it's supposed to do.  What a joke.
Highlighted
JohnP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2016

I share everyone's frustration with this clunky app.  I just updated to the latets version and its no better, possibly worse.  Don't expect me top use your clunky interpretation of Spotify on the Soundtouch app - I need to browse my "followed artists" and "saved albums"  - not see all of my songs listed from 1 to 500.....  Also, still can't use Itunes library from app - too clunky.  Here's an idea - get rid of all the clunky interface functionality and let us use the native apps - with the Bose Controler used as a window to control the volume - that's all its good for...
Highlighted
JohnP
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2016

Just had another look at the app.  My wife won't use it.  At least with the last app we were able to use the Spotify app and quickly switch to the Soundtouch app to adjust volume - all it was good for.  Now you have to go searching for the volume controls.  How can I re-istall the older version?
Highlighted
wcjohns
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

On the positive side: thank you for fixing the low-res fonts on macOS! The new design seems more intuitive to me, though as a relatively new user of the speakers. Maybe greying the background a bit would make it a little easier on the eyes though. The stereo pairing worked pretty easy and is nice to have.  Adding in the ability to search for and play specific albums/artists on Amazon, as well as (or much preffered) adding Google Play Music would be great.  
As an aside, the hostility of this forum is absolutely amazing to me that people care enough about speakers, or their apps being updated on a certain day; the rest of their lives must be amazingly great for them to have the bandwidth to care about such things.  To the software guys/gals, which it seems like it might be a newish team, keep your heads up - there is a lot of room for improvment which will feel great to do, and people will appreciate it (but they might not be as vocal about this as the negative things).
Highlighted
GG OB
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Just downloaded new app and have seen some additional features such as stereo pairing on ST 10 but other glaring omissions still not resolved. Looking at comments so far there is a lot of commonality for you on the app feedback. Some of the features requested were available previously! Here's my feedback on the new Dec 2016 ST App. Best of luck , Gerry 
1: Function wise we are still waiting to be able to broadcast our music across all the ST's  from any AirPlay source being fed into any one of the ST's. Bluetooth is one way but it is very unreliable input source with a very short range. The speakers drop in and out frequently and having to place the music source near the ST10's for Bluetooth access to all of the ST's is not really an option.
2: In Germany Amazon music will not work as in UK or US, I don't use deezer and I only use the free version of Spotify. Sirius will make some people delirious from reading some of the other requests. My ST's are used around my house to have them all playing my music in sync from whatever source I can set up. This will be from music apps, Internet radios, libraries but also from Aux and AirPlay sources. Please add these functions. The Aux In should be broadcastable as well for all those audio sources that require a cable connection. How do you connect up multiple ST speakers to your TV for example. 
3: New app layout and colouring seems odd and old fashioned to me. It needs tweaking to even run as smooth as the old app. Navigation and ergonomics are a step backwards. Opening pages screen should show quick access to speakers, presets and recent streams. It should not default to local internet stations that are not even set up as presets. This makes the app feel like you've opened up somebody else's app with their settings. Allow users to select default settings when they open app. Plain type font with white background does not appear as an advance on previous app.
4: The layout and colours that could tone down the heat of the app would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
singereric
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2015

Finally get this update after half a month wait. The first impression..not bad. Airplay don't wait too long to load as before. QPlay works well (Though I thought it should be a new QQMusic Service). 
About the UI, everybody has a taste. I only used sound touch for 2 years, soundtouch APP update quite a few times but this time really a major change. Many users are uncomfortable with it because it breaks their user experience. But for me, this is the least thing users should worry about. Keeping the original UI is the most easiest thing for Bose, but they choose to change. They want to take risk and make things different. As the user we should encourage that, and keeps providing our feedback and suggestions. UI upgrade, unlike adding functionality (QPlay) or enhancing system robustness (Airplay long time waiting), is the most easy thing for software engineers to do, once he get a clear requirement list. You want "Recent Play" back, you want one click adjustment to volume, they should not be a mission impossible I think, just speak out without too emotional words.
Personally I very appreciate Jason on his way to communicate with the users in this forum from this September. He may get frustrated on seeing so many users post like "I will turn to SONOS" when they are working on major change on BOSE software. I think most of such post is just some angry word and not meaning it. If I choose SONOS, I will vote use my feet and not leave a word here, still post articles here means still want BOSE to get better. I think we should give more understanding to each other.
Hope Bose can response more quickly here to avoid user getting emotional, for example when many complains here that they do not get the latest firmware upgrade after Nov.17, Bose should  better say something instead of just ignoring them. You change your release plan? You meet some problems in the new firmware? If you take some time to explain here, I think most users can understand. Instead of eagerly checks update everyday and get disappointed every time.

Shuffle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

After waiting 3 months for new update with the promise of having the shuffle problem finally fixed (which was caused by a previous update) to my horror the shuffle still does not work, started this mornong at a track beginning with "A"  and it shuffled but only within the letter "A" so tried a track starting with "E" now it just plays tracks that begin with "E" and "D", I suspect it has a finite number of tracks it can shuffle which appears to  be a bit larger than before the upgrade but that is not my idea of shuffle I have 3,000 plus songs on my Itunes library and I want it on full shuffle 
The system seems more robust it was always just stopping, it managed to play 30 tracks this morning before it decided to just stop, now it is just stopping every couple of minutes, what a wonderful system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have phoned Bose this morning to complain and they put a guy on the phones who doesn't know anything about Soundtouch so how intelligent is that ?
Highlighted
ChrisL
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Jason / Bose Dev Team
I have just got the update for my SoundTouch 10s. Whilst I like the idea of putting them together and having stereo I feel that the cost has been far too great in terms of usabilty of the app.
I am 56 years old and my eyesight is no longer 20/20, however I can read/use every single app on my iphone & ipad without needing to find my reading glasses - until now.  The new Bose app does not require a great deal of screen real estate as it has few buttons and little textual information, so why the hell is all the text in 4 point or smaller?  It is by far the smallest font of any app I have ever used - and does not resize according to the iphone settings feature - a basic error.
14 year olds may make very good software engineers but you should never trust them to design a GUI for grown-ups that may no longer have the eyesight of a hawk.
Please either rush out an upgrade with more realistic font size or find a way for us middle-aged & older customers (quite a large part of your userbase I imagine) to revert back to the old, more chunky but perfectly legible app.
Highlighted
tjthayer
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

@wcjohns -- the hostility is because many of us have spent large sums on money on a Bose ecosystem that DOES NOT DO WHAT IT CLAIMS - and we are tired of false promises and, even worse, an apparent complete lack of insterest or regard for what the customers want.
I have around $5,000 invested in this system at the moment. So, if you're so rich that $5K means nothining to you - or you've simply dropped a few coins on a single little SoundTouch 10, then I can understand your apathetic lack of passion for a product billing itself as "premium". I also understand that some people have low standards and are perfectly willing to accept whatever comes their way as long as there's a "BOSE" tag on it so they'll look cool for their guests.
But for the rest of us - we feel ripped-off - and rightfully so.
Highlighted
mm74
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2016

After the frustration with the updates I ordered Sonos equipment today - I have thrown away the whole Bose equipment (2 ST10, 1 ST20, 1 ST30)
At first I have thought that I want to sell it - but then I have thought to me that I make only enemies to myself if I sell this scrap metal to them. The sound is still great. But what the best sound brings to me if I have no useful software for it. After 5!!! months of empty promises I have enough. Bose has died for me. You had, God knows, enough chances - and you have totally lost.
If your money wastes furthermore sponsorship, instead of in a sensible advancement for expensive advertisement and in pointless formula 1 - and you will soon have no more customers.