Shuffle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: Version 14.x - Update Information

I see you say that Random Play Mode has been fixed, well I can tell you it most definitely has not, it plays random but only a small percentage of my Itunes library, i.e if you start playing a track that starts with "A" then all you get is random play on songs that begin with "A" which was the problem with the last release, I think the new release possibly randomises more tracks but it most definitely does not play my entire library(3,000 tracks) randomly.
My speaker still just stops many times during the day so no improvement there either.
I spoke to support at Bose this morning but helpfully the guy who they put on the Soundtouch support line does not know Soundtouch, they promised me a call back this afternoon but it is 16:30 already so I am not holding my breath !
So all in all Bose continue to disappoint me, I was happy 2 releases ago random/shuffle worked well, I have worked in IT all my life and if you ever installed something that did not work you backed it out and fixed the problem, but Bose who have no regard for their customers just say oh thats tough you'll have to wait 3 months and we will fix it in the next release, well looking at the spec that they have advertised with all the enhancements it doesn't mention shuffle at all for this new release so I wonder if that have actually attempted to try anything which means that all those Bose support employees who over the last 3 months have sympatheticall listened to my rantings have lied to me when they said it would be fixed, in my opinion random/shuffle is the most important feature of the lot and without it I don't wish to even use the speaker
Totally disappointed and disgusted

Highlighted
Phil08840
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

As mentioned prior, I've been a Bose custoemr for nearly two decades.  It's honestly very sad to see a company change so much and not for the better.  I'm not sure who Jason is, but he almost never respnds to anyone and not just about this topic.  If his customer focus and support is an example of what Bose expects to deliver to their customers, I see Bose falling from grace.  What a GREAT history and sound technology company Bose once was, but now they do not listen to their customers nor do they appear to care.  It would not take a lot for Jason or someone from Bose to respond, even just to try to calm things down.  Personally, I'm going to call in to Bose, again, but this time I'm going to try to get to someone high up and see if someone at Bose does care.  
Highlighted
Phil08840
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Okay, so I sent an E-Mail to the CEO.  Having been a CIO, I'm hoping that he reads my note and takes a look.  Fingers crossed. 
Good Day Mr. Maresca,

Having been a CIO for a major record company, I’d like to be respectful of your time.  With that, I wanted to bring to your attention a growing concern that I have with Bose Customer Support / Service and Product quality for your SoundTouch line of systems.  I’m one of many people around the world suffering though the lack of support provided to your SoundTouch customers.  Yesterday Bose deployed a new version of the SoundTouch software, which, to be direct, is extremely poor and has completely missed the mark.  Let me say, I’ve been a very loyal Bose customer for at least twenty+ years, I even have them in all my cars, most recently a 2017 Porsche 911S.  My goal here is to point out that quite a few of your customers are walking away from Bose and I’d like to make sure that you’re aware in hopes that you can dig in to your SoundTouch BU to help realign their priorities, as they have lost their focus on what the customer wants and needs. 

Here is a link to your own SoundTouch Blog, I hope you can take a few minutes to review some of the comments and concerns.  Maybe you can even drop a note to everyone.  I love Bose, your history and the quality of your products.  However, the SoundTouch team has lost touch with Bose and what makes Bose great.  I sincerely hope you can pull them back and have them deliver a true Bose experience. 

https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&dc=SoundTouch&id=90633000000Tc9nAAC

Highlighted
Pakradja
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2016

Did this update fix the hdmi arc issue ???????
Highlighted
Jace
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 30, 2016

Two days in and I have only managed to connect to my Sountouch 20 once. The interface is horrible, where have explore, playlists, recently played  gone ? All the functions I regulary used have dissapeared. Still cannot connect to Amazon Music as a UK Prime member, would have to move to the USA to access that function I suppose. In the meantime until Bose issue a "fix" for this terrible "upgrade", I really would like to connect to my speaker sometime.
Highlighted
lynch800
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2015

1- I was really looking forward to the update but I am a bit dissapointed. It takes me way too long to access the speaker and presets. I don't understand why we moved away from presets being the main function to searching but maybe I use the system differently than others. If possible, I would change back to the old UI without hesitation.
2- Someone else mentioned the disappearance of the "recently played" feature which is a must have in my opinion.
3- My biggest wish of the system is to add a button on the Cinemate 130 speaker settings that allows for changing the input on the receiver. I have the option to turn on the aux and bluetooth on my other units (Soundtouch 10 and 20), why can't I turn on the aux of my Cinemate? The fact that the Cinemate doesn't have physical buttons for power, volume, and inputs is baffling but having the ability to control the input from the app would be a little nicer.
Highlighted
deesen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

I'm disappointed too. My update arrived yesterday. The colours used are abysmal; the typeface used is also abysmal and the whole thing looks as though it was "designed"!  by the local kindergarten. Let's go back to the old Explore, I won't bother and use my Spotify app instead..
Highlighted
tompa00
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Hi, please let me go back to the old version!!  This is just the worst update i ever seen. So ugly and confusing!!!
And please let "previus" come back. Used that feature every day! Why make it worse?? And just how mutch have you spend on this crap?
My 15 year old son would have made it far better. White background? You must be joking???
Going back to Sonos now.........
Highlighted
Enzom
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Please Bose, lets go back to the old version, customers complain about the color of the app, the old version was original and sofisticate non like this crap and chip new app. 
Highlighted
augus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2016

Just got forced to update my units (Wave and LS25).  I realized that my 11-hour long track no longer plays for that long.  The Bose system seems to power off mid-way.
Anyone encountering this issue?  Why does such a simple task of playing a full track become so difficulty?