biekes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 27, 2016

Re: Version 14.x - Update Information

please explain how to stream music from apple music via my iPad or via my Samsung smartphone and the soundtouch app
Concordmaguy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Biekes, streaming music from the iPad depends upon the Bose model you have.  I have a Bose that my iPad sees in Airplay. I connect to it in AIrplay and then just start using my Apple music.  I have another Bose that shows up my iPad as a Bluetooth device.  I connect to it via Bluetooth and start to play music.   (t looks like the newer Bose wireless speakers only support Bluetooth.) I prefer to use Apple music becasue I use the Apple Music service and the Soundtouch app has limited support for the music I have access to through my apple library. 
DaveA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Can I ask that when you say all users will receive the update by the 1st December, do you really mean it is being released on the 1st December.
I have been checking daily since the 17th for an update and nothing....
microbmen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2015

patiently waiting for the 14.x update to hit me.  Upon doing research I do believe i will miss the 'Recents' section in the app.  I use that all the time.
DaveA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

So, only 1 day left to get the November update..... in November!
gint
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 28, 2015

Unfortunately it wasn't promise, it was expectation only. "We expect all users to receive it by December 1st."
RichSound
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2016

Unbelievable...... 😞
Ritchie53
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

I am about to buy either a SONOS 1 system or the Bose SoundTouch 10's. There is an awful lot of negativity on this "blog" about the SoundTouch. The key for me was the Stereo Pairing ability of the baby SONOS, but it looks like the latest software release by Bose will give the SoundTouch 10 this ability as well. Couple this with an Auxiliary Input on the Bose and my mind is virtally made up.
Has anyone any POSITIVE things to say about the SoundTouch 10's, or should I stick with my old but good Arcam amp and Mission speakers ?

Sharon wilkinson
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2016

I have updated the new app and i do not like it, it wont show all the features for my spotify account and it looks cheap, the black background on the old app was so much easier to use. and i have the same problem with different systems dissconnecting after a period of use. not happy!!!!
Highlighted
Flopski
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

My soundtouch 30 started playing at 2:00am on Tuesday morning. Everyone in bed, I can only assume it was due to delayed Airplay connection from Sunday when I last tried to use it... The new app looks good but still failing to deliver what was expected....