Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Re: Version 14.x - Update Information

Having called customer support it appears there's not much information there either. Stage 2 of the release begins today is what I was told. No timescales offered though.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

The new MSI is available for download on the main downloads page - as of 8:25 AM EST.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2016

Seems the update is starting to arrive... Im in UK and my soundtouch systems have updated, but the APP is having a problem! - On Android I am getting "Cannot complete installation" message every time I open the app.... quite why they did not just update the full app on Google play store, rather than it try and download the new interface update is beyond me! - The MAC app download page wont download anything (maybe I am too early!!?) - and the MAC app I already have installed tries to update itself and just sits there at 0% "Downloading update" - so all in all quite a mess really..... I am not entirely sure from reading the comments / reviews on Google play that I actually want this new update... especially with the wonderful enhancement of removing Recents!!! - What the heck! - supposed to be adding new features, and not taking away useful ones!!!!! - 
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Most of us in IOS are trapped in App Update hell today - We are prompted to update the App, it fails, then we are continually prompted to update the app, which fails.  I am utterly without words at how horrid this app development is.   Deleting the app and reinstalling just puts it back into the same update failure loop.  I am absolutely furious about this.
At least with Android, it pops up an error stating there was a problem preparing the update and to reload the app - I can click OK and the error goes away for a minute or two, but at least I can control my devices.  
I literally have no words to describe how poor the app experience has been with my SoundTouch devices.  Expensive equipment, cheap app development - utter disgrace.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2016

Just to clarify Jason . . . The updates for both iOS and android are failing in the update process (for the app). 
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

The update loop has been corrected.  It lasted approximately a half hour before the issue was identified and resolved.  Thanks for the quick information provided by you all here. 
Also, to clarify - The second stage of the 14.x update is currently rolling out and should be received by all shortly.  
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2016

How the hell do i update the Soundtouch app for Mac OS Sierra. My iphone and speakers are updating but cant seem to find an option to update the desktop app?
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2016

I have version 14.0.15 that I installed a week or so ago. How do I install the software / patch that was released today (December 1st). When I launch the SoundTouch app, it did not prompt me for an update. Thanks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

What has happened to the "Recents" function on the app? its not there and that reduces the functionality enormously because six presets is not enough to keep track of the good stuff.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

We want "Recents" back. Why did you delete it? This was the most important feature of the software. 6 preset is not enough... Please take it back...