Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

Re: Version 14.x - Update Information

Hi all
I share most of the frustration here, even though I don't have all the problem many of the users are experiencing.
I mostly use Deezer or listen to internet radio, that works OK.
The new app is way too sluggish thoug. It...... is ...... so ........ slow !!!! I have a LG G4, not top of the mill but still pretty good I believe. List scrolling is very laggy, opening/closing tab is really hit or miss (I'd like to simply click the arrow but that never works, I have to "pull" and this is SLOOOOOOOW).
Also, I've just read news that Sonos control is now fully integrated into the Spotify app. Great, but I have a Bose system and I use Deezer. Can I expect something like this any day ?
That would end almost all my frustration (the Bose Deezer app is nowhere close the the full featured Deezer app, it's almost unusable).
As of now, I have to use a Chromecast Audio pluged in the Aux input to directly use the Deezer app. Not the best setup, be it for sound quality or usability !
Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

Unfotunately, firewalls settings (firewall is off) as well as security settings (I added Soundtouch among exceptions in Avast) have got nothing to do with 6304. Neither has removing and re-adding music library. It is still as dead as a dodo.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

Have downloaded latest App version 14x, but have lost all artwork on App. I have 2 computers (both on Windows 10) , both are affected the same way. The Bose system compries  2x Soundtouch 10s and a SoundTouch Wave. Any suggestions out there?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Everyone,

To make my posts a bit more organized, I’m going to combine responses into one post.

@Quito_Edwin: Have you tried running “SoundTouchC”?  On your hard drive, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundTouch and open the “SoundTouchC” shortcut.  This runs the application in a graphics compatibility mode.  If this works, I would try updating the graphics drivers on your PC (or running a Windows Update, and installing all optional updates).  Please reply and let me know what happens.

@frumshey/Tom: I’m not aware of any lasting issues regarding Airplay.  Has this issue been happening for you since your purchase of the system?  Also, does a reboot of the wireless router solve the issue?  What type of wireless router are you using for your home network?

@thewild: That’s shocking that the app is running slowly on your phone.  The LG G4 is plenty fast enough to run the application.  I’m going to escalate a ticket to the software team, and they might suggest more steps to try.  Can you send an e-mail to technical-support@bose.com (mailto:technical-support@bose.com) with your username as the subject, and include in the message the firmware version of your phone (or a screenshot of the about screen) and also the e-mail address you used to create a SoundTouch account?

@Paterson245: Hmm, ok.  Were you able to check the router for a firewall as well?  I don’t think that would be the issue, but it’s still something we would want to check.  Which operating system are you running?

@Byreman: Are you talking about Album artwork from the music library on your computer?  What are you using for a music source (iTunes, WMP, NAS drive)?

Thanks all!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

Yes, I am talking about Album artwork. The artwork is visible on iTunes, but is not visible on the app since the upgrade. Tried contacting Technical Support, but their suggestion to copy & paste the artwork does not appear to work.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2016

Hi Brandon,
i think i am not the only one with this Problem, i saw other entries at this Community describing the same issue.
On the german community a Bose employee (Gunnar) even writes that it is a known bug (Memory overflow of the Airplay Chipset).
To answer your questions:
- Airplay worked perfect for months, it got worse over time, but i am not sure if this was caused by Soundtouch- or IOS-updates. The behavior is the same with all our Apple devices (iphone6, iphone5c, ipad air)
- Booting the Router does not help
- The Router is a Huawei B890 (LTE router from my ISP, did not change since i have my Soundtouch)
Thanks for feedback!
Tom
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

This is a really bad update...starting from the UI (User Interface)  following with NO new features and cancelling the recent . You should fire whom ever planned this update...
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 3, 2016

Bose.  Just noticed another problem.  It wasn't an issue before the most recent upgrade.  Added a new album to iTunes.  It did not show up in my SoundTouch app.   Running Windows 10. Shut down everything and rebooted, still did not show up.     
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

I hate the new update.  I can't find anything - it looks horribly sparse - and I can't find where further updates are lodged.  Please roll back the old version and do further work on this new version.  We pay a lot of money for these units and I would hate to see your credibility blown by a bad app.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Hi Everyone,
It's GREAT to see that Bose has stepped up and is taking care of the requests on this post.  I'm sure that if we give Bose a chance, for the most part, we will all be happy.  
I too have a request that I've brought up to the phone support folks on multiple occasions.  I have quire a few SoundTouch systems all though my home and turn in on first thing in the morning and turn it off late in the evening.  I set the volume to the same level every morning, but it's not easy to do that, as there is not scale for the volume.  
Bose:  
1. Please add a volume scale, maybe just a number 0 - 100 off to the right, fer every speaker.  That would  be EXTREMELY helpful.  Maybe you could add a button to set the volume to the last saved setting, that would be awesome.
2. Allow the user to select the opening screen.  I do not use the radio stations, but would rather the presets populate the opening screen.