Jason_G
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Version 7.2 Available - Software Release

We’re pleased to share with our community that the latest release of our SoundTouch software is now available.  Users will be notified within the application that the update is available by an icon on the speaker.  This update should take approximately 10 minutes but could be longer depending on network conditions. 

Please note that the scrolling album artist information on the OLED display has been implemented and is a direct result of the requests provided by the community. EDIT: Be aware that this artist and track info is not available our internet radio provider, and thus a message of "Internet Only" will appear when using that source. This is normal.

Additional release notes for the software can be found HERE and installation instructions can be found HERE.   

We encourage you to use this post to share any software related feedback or issues and we’ll do our best to respond as quickly as possible.   Thank you for your support as we continue to develop the SoundTouch systems based on the feedback provided by our users.  We hope you enjoy the update.  

16 REPLIES 16
Blackadder
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Version 7.2 Available - Software Release

Hi Jason,
I just successfully downloaded the latest update to my Wave Soundtouch system plus the apps on two iPads and the master laptop containing our music libraries. I also have a recently acquired Soundtouch Controller with OLED display paired to the system. The update took about 5 minutes for the system and then about another minute or so for the controller to update itself. All seems to be working fine with no noticeable changes but I note this update should include some impelentatations to the OLED display on the controller so that it scrolls album and artist information, however it doesn't seem to scroll at all and only contains a static display of the playlist name, if playing from the itunes library or Deezer, the AirPlay icon if in Airplay source, or nothing at all if playing FM or DAB radio, or a CD. George previously advised this was all normal for the Controller but would make the request visible to the developers to include in future updates. As this latest update specifically includes these changes to the OLED display, I wonder if I've missed something with the update or if there's something else I need to do to update the controller? Any advice appreciated, as always.
Many thanks and keep up the good work on these excellent products.
Happy Christmas!

Eagle41
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

The release note said scrolling now playing is for SoundTouch™ 20, 30 and Portable Series I and II systems; I guess that doesn't include SoundTouch Controller.
Jason_G
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Blackadder - I'm sorry to confirm that the SoundTouch controller did not receive the OLED scrolling feature as the other systems did.  Unfortunately it was just not able to be implemented in this update but we'll make sure this request remains visibile for future updates.  We'll be sure to share any plans for the controller with you as soon as we can.  
Thank you for the kind words and glad to hear you're enjoying your system otherwise.  Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!   
Bert
Registered since

Nov 5, 2014

Hi,
I have not yet downloaded the update but will do so asap.
My problem with the Soundtouch app (on my Android phone) is that with scrolling through music on Deezer or my Nasdrive the searchresults close each time my phone goes on lock (which happens all the time while listening to music). It would be a great improvement to the app if the search results stay also if the phone is on lock.  
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Bert,

The behavior you mention is normal for our SoundTouch app, however we appreciate your feedback. We will mark this suggestion for visibility to our developers for the future.  You can see our full Feature Request policy here.
Thank you.

Chill
Registered since

Dec 19, 2014

Having real troubles since this update. I had to manually force the Soundtouch 20 to do an update. My Windows laptop app now cannot connect to the bose server and therefore renders it useless. The app works on my iPad and android tablet but the phone app cannot see find the speaker on the network!
I tried rolling back my laptop version to the previous one and this connected to the bose server and found the update and redownloaded it, again when it installed it just fails to connect. Nothing else on the network or laptop is having problems with internet access. I've uninstalled and removed all trace of the app and reinstalled. Completely stuck now. Help!
JAMESTOWNLEY1
Registered since

Nov 6, 2014

Hi,
Since installing the latest update on my stereo JC system the soundtouch controller always shows "connecting to network". This is shown even when the system is off. The only time it will disappear is if you hover over or select a preset or if changing the volume. Is this just a bug in the latest update? The system does seem to switch on quicker now and so far no issues not being able to switch on. The system has still stopped playing a song once a restarted it from the beginning, I was hoping this update may have also resolved this issue which affects my Lifestyle 535 aswell.
James
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Chill,

Since the problem seems limited to your computer and not your mobile devices, we know something is blocking communication specifically from that Desktop app to the internet. A software firewall running on your computer is the most likely cause of this. 
It is normal that you may need to manually re-add exceptions for Windows Firewall or OSX Firewall after the update to version 7.2. (see those links for a video tutorial to each.)  

If you use a different security or antivirus program, there may be a slightly different process to adding firewall exceptions for your SoundTouch app and the SoundTouch Media Server. You can search our Knowledge Center on this website for the name of any 3rd party security software you run to find specific advice for that program.

Hope this Helps

Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

James,

Sorry to hear about this odd behavior from your SoundTouch controller. This is definitely not normal after the update. Below are some steps to try in order to resolve this. Please test the behavior of the controller after each and continue on to the next step if the problem remains:

1. A basic reset for the controller can be done by removing the batteries from the back for a full 3 minutes.
  2. Unplugging power to the Stereo JC one last time after the update may also be advisable to remove any lingering issues from the process. 
  3. Try removing and re-connecting the controller through your SoundTouch app. This option can be found by choosing: Explore > Settings > Systems > > Disconnect controller.
  4. A full factory default reset can be done on the controller with the following steps:
    1. Remove the batteries from the controller
    2. Press and hold the screen on the controller (it clicks like a button) 
    3. Continue holding the screen in while you insert the batteries.
    4. You will need to reconnect the controller in the SoundTouch app after performing this reset. You can do that under: Explore > Settings > Systems > > Connect SoundTouch controller.

Let us know if you are still receiving the same constant message after the factory reset. We may need to direct you towards service if that is the case.
Thank you.