Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Virtually Invisble 300 active on stereo

Hi everyone,
i recently added the rear speakers to my SoundTouch 300 and then realized that the rear speakers are playing sound while listening to Spotify. I know that it's possible to switch them of for the current session. I just wonder if there is any easier way to have stereo sound only from soundbar by default?

Also I realized when I used YouTube surroundsound testvideos what when is going to play sound on one of the rear speakers there is also coming sound from soundbar. Is that a normal behavior?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Re: Virtually Invisble 300 active on stereo

Regarding the YouTube surround test videos I found out that it seems to be an YouTube or TV issue. I downloaded some surround test videos and played an them with Plex. Everything was fine.

But the stereo Sound question with Spotify is still open.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi hardflip, 

That is good to know about the surround test videos. To answer your question about the rear speakers, yes. Currently the only way to disable the rears would be to disable them from within the app. That being said, having a dedicated stereo mode would be a cool feature for users who don't like hearing music from the rears. I will pass this on to our dev team. 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2017

Hi, on a similar note it seems that stereo video content is also upmixed on the soundbar . Even if I turn off the VI300 speakers in the app, the soundbar seems to upmix to a create a 3.0 (L/C/R) sound. Although this is what I prefer, is there any way to here the true stereo version (just L/R) as it was originally mixed?