Highlighted
Dagobert
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

Virtually Invisible 300: Which kind of connection is used for the wireless connection?

Hi guys!

I would like to buy the SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimas 300. I also would like to know if the Virtually Invisible 300 speakers can be added to the system/soundbar without WLAN.

Which technic/frequency is used for the connection? Is it an own frequency range for the connection?

All manuals are not very deep going. 

Thanks in advance!

Dagobert

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Virtually Invisible 300: Which kind of connection is used for the wireless connection?

I'm not sure what frequency it uses however, it provides it's own connection.  So a Wifi network is not required to set it up or operate.

However a network can prove useful as it makes updates easier to download and install and use of the app to change certain settings, as well as providing the SoundTouch capability for music streaming or multi-room music playback.

Re: Virtually Invisible 300: Which kind of connection is used for the wireless connection?

Hi Dagobert,

Thanks for your inquiry! Both the Virtually Invisible 300 Wireless Surround Speakers and Acoustimass 300 Wireless Bass Module use their own wireless connections to connect to the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. A WLAN connection is not required. However, as @Morlock mentioned, we do recommend connecting your system to your network. This ensures that your system will receive the latest updates and also allows access to more setting adjustments and SoundTouch music sources. 

I hope this helps to answer your question!

Best regards,

Brian