Highlighted
Jasonfeeky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2017

Virtually Invisible 300 Wireless Surround Speakers mounting question

Hi

Just wandered what the optimal height would be and position left to right of sofa or seating area?maybe a foot above ear level and inline with end of sofa?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Virtually Invisible 300 Wireless Surround Speakers mounting question

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jasonfeeky

I'd say generally it should be ok with a little over ear height. With the floorstands they're about at 3 and a half feet( ~1m) But i often read the general advise would be to place them at 4-5ft (1,2m-1,5m) but i think that might look a little stupid to have them hang around at the middle of the wall.

Initially i had put mine on a bookshelf at about 5ft and found it to sound nice. In the shops they usually hang somewhere under the ceiling, but depending on the height of the ceiling you might end up having to turning up the volume via the app.

If you can, i'd recommend to have some listening at different heights and see what sounds best for you.

4 REPLIES 4
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jasonfeeky

I'd say generally it should be ok with a little over ear height. With the floorstands they're about at 3 and a half feet( ~1m) But i often read the general advise would be to place them at 4-5ft (1,2m-1,5m) but i think that might look a little stupid to have them hang around at the middle of the wall.

Initially i had put mine on a bookshelf at about 5ft and found it to sound nice. In the shops they usually hang somewhere under the ceiling, but depending on the height of the ceiling you might end up having to turning up the volume via the app.

If you can, i'd recommend to have some listening at different heights and see what sounds best for you.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the post!  This is a great question.  I think Mykel's post explains speaker placement perfectly, in that personal preference plays a major role.

I typically recommend mounting the Soundbar (or speakers, depending on your setup) around your sitting ear level (which tends to be a little over 3 feet/1m off the floor).  You may find for your setup that a little bit higher or lower suits you better.  

If you have any other questions please let us know!

Best,

Brandon

Jasonfeeky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2017

Thanks for the tip appreciate it. Got them at 1.2 off floor so 250mm ish above top of sofa sounds awesome.

Hi again,

Very nice 🙂  Glad to help!

Best,

Brandon