Highlighted
Steve03
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Virtually Invisible 300 wireless speakers

Hi all
Before I fork out more money, do the VI300 speakers when paired with the soundtouch 300 soundbar play the sound from a tv- like when I watch Netflix or a movie?
I only ask as I found out after purchasing 2 soundlink 10's that they don't support this format even when paired with soundbar.
Kindest regards Steve
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Virtually Invisible 300 wireless speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by Steve03

Short answer is yes. Because unlike the st10 the VI300 are supposed to work with the st300 for that pupose.  Thats why all components are named with the "300" in it and listed as a home cinema system on the bose page.

View solution in original post

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Steve03,

Thanks for the great question! MykelNeiD is correct. The Virtually Invisible 300 Speakers will work as wireless surround speakers for your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. These will absolutely work with TV and movie audio. 

I'm sorry to hear the SoundTouch 10's didn't work out in the way that you expected. Other SoundTouch speakers will work wirelessly with the SoundTouch 300 soundbar, but only for playing Bluetooth or SoundTouch Music Services. The Virtually Invisible 300 Wireless Surround Speakers and Acoustimass 300 Wireless Bass Module are the only two SoundTouch 300 add-on products that will work with TV audio. 

Hope this helps to clear things up! Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian

2 REPLIES 2
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Steve03

Short answer is yes. Because unlike the st10 the VI300 are supposed to work with the st300 for that pupose.  Thats why all components are named with the "300" in it and listed as a home cinema system on the bose page.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Steve03,

Thanks for the great question! MykelNeiD is correct. The Virtually Invisible 300 Speakers will work as wireless surround speakers for your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. These will absolutely work with TV and movie audio. 

I'm sorry to hear the SoundTouch 10's didn't work out in the way that you expected. Other SoundTouch speakers will work wirelessly with the SoundTouch 300 soundbar, but only for playing Bluetooth or SoundTouch Music Services. The Virtually Invisible 300 Wireless Surround Speakers and Acoustimass 300 Wireless Bass Module are the only two SoundTouch 300 add-on products that will work with TV audio. 

Hope this helps to clear things up! Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian