Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranec106
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

Virtually invisible 300 / Bose Surround Speakers. Disappointed and satisfied.

I just acquired Virtually invisible 300, now called Bose Surround Speakers. I love sourround sound but I am disappointed with the sound they emit when I play music from different sources of wifi or bluetooth, sometimes with these sources no sound is emitted or the sound it emits is poor. I think you should take advantage of these speakers to hear music in stereo, something similar to the speakers of a car, which can hear the front and rear. I think it's technically possible, it's a matter of wanting to implement it. In addition, in some cases where the streamer has been reproduced or emulated, these speakers provide treble, something that the soundbar 300 is quite lacking and this problem would also be solved.

That's why I'm asking the Bose team to start it up. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Virtually invisible 300 / Bose Surround Speakers. Disappointed and satisfied.

Hello mmoyabautista@yahoo.es,

Thanks for posting. The Surround Speakers will output rear channel audio when it is present in the source signal. Certain content may not contain rear audio channels so you may not always hear audio from the speakers. You can also adjust the volume of the rear channel using the app, which may give you a better experience.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

ranec106
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

Re: Virtually invisible 300 / Bose Surround Speakers. Disappointed and satisfied.

Thanks Greg. I'm happy with the surround sound offered by the equipment, but I think you could improve the sound of the wireless speakers to emit stereo sound when the music sounds from wifi or bluetooht. I bought the soundbar with the promise of also being able to enjoy the music.

In addition, we have seen in this forum the need that some users expose to increase treble and I think this would help a lot.

I ask: Technically it would be possible for the bar to differentiate when stereo sound is emitted, either automatically or through the app?

Thanks again.

D.Schildroth
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Hello, I bought the SoundTouch 300 sound bar, the acoustic mass 300 sub about a year ago and today decided to add the Bose surround speakers. But the volume coming out of them are very very quiet. I have downloaded the sound touch app and connected it to my sound bar but I don’t have an option of connecting the surround speakers. So my question now is, how do I adjust the speaker levels for the Bose surround sound speakers?
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello D.Schildroth,

Thank you for the question and welcome to the Bose Community.

To adjust the level of your Surround Speakers:

• In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left
  • Choose "Settings" > "Speaker Settings" > and select the SoundTouch 300 to adjust
  • From the Speaker Details screen, select "Audio Settings."
  • Under "Surround Level" or "Center Level," use the left and right arrows on either side of the level bar to adjust the level

Let us know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

swapsjadhav
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

+1, it would be great if the audio source is "stereo" then in that case if the soundtouch app provides an option to play the content on surround speakers as well. 

ranec106
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 5, 2018

Well, that's the proposal we make, but it seems not interesting for Bose. At this moment, sometimes it plays stereo and another does not.