Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Re: Volume automatically increases/decreases in SoundTouch app

Brandon,
Without Spotify it works but when pushing Volume Button only the Master Shows the signal, not the group, but the Group Volume can set.
In Spotify it is Vice versa
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hi @Brandon_M,

I did try again 🙂

1. Soundtouch app:

- Play Music on 1 speaker -> fine

- Group speakers - > change volume (single speaker -> OK) - change group master volume -> OK; changing master and regrouping -> change volume -> OK

2. Spotify via connect:

- play on single speaker -> change volume -> OK

- play on group -> change volume -> only master speaker changes volume

Cheers

Central

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

I've also tried again.

1 Speaker (Soundtouch 300) - SoundTouch App on iPhone 6.

- Opened Spotify without playing anything

- Opened Soundtouch App and started Spotify from there

- Tried changing volume -> Was turned back down

- Quit Spotify App

- Tried changing volume -> Volume did not turn back

So appearantly it has something to do with the Spotify App somehow trying to control the volume.

@Brandon_M

If you launch Spotify from within the App, does it use Spotify Connect in the background?

That could potentially explain the behavior.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

The automatically increase/decrease ist still there.
And Spotify Problem too
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all, 

Thank you for sharing your results.  We are actively investigating this and will share as new information becomes available. One thing that may help is disabling lock screen controls in the Spotify app. To do this go to Your Library > Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Devices > Devices Lock Screen. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

I had the same issue. This is due to the most rescent update with spotify allowing volume control though your lock screen while using spotify connect.  I fixed the issue by going under the spotify app and then 

your library>settings>devices> disable "devices lock screen"

that should fix the issue.

That update from spotify also drains your phone battery like crazy so disabling it should significantly improve your battery performance if you use spotify a lot. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2017

Hi I've also this issue whilst using the Spotify and SoundTouch app, I've managed to find out that whilst opening Spotify app and starting playing music through Spotify if I was to then open the SoundTouch app at the same time it causes this issue of volume increasing and decreasing by itself. Close Spotify and it's fine.....weird.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I just set these up using Spotify on an iPad and initially it was loud so I hit down on iPad volume button which turned the volume all the way down. I only wanted it down a little. Then I hit the up button once and it would crank the volume. Then I would turn it up a few clicks and it would slowly start turning it down. Every time I turned it up it would turn itself down. Finally I realized that I had apps competing for the speakers attention. I restarted both the SoundTouch app and Spotify. I set my stereo bose speaker pair as the device in the Spotify app and shut down the SoundTouch app. Been working fine except for the fact it occasionally disconnects but that's unrelated. Just run one app until they fix the communication issues between SoundTouch and Spotify. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

I have the same problem.
After disabling devices lock screen in Spotify it no longer automatically increases/decreases volume in the SoundTouch app.

However it now gives 0% or 100% volume with a single press of the volume down/up button on the iPhone 7 within the SoundTouch app. This is not satisfactory for my use.

3 X SoundTouch 10
1 X Lifestyle SoundTouch 535

Marius
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

A reset (close) of both Spotify and SoundTouch app solved the problem.

Still wondering how it was possible earlier to have either 0% or 100% volume output from a single push of the volume button.