Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2018

Volume automatically increases in SoundTouch app - still ongoing!

I have been having ongoing issues with the SA-4 amp and soundtouch, playing music to my outdoor speakers through the SA4 with the soundtouch app on my windows 10 laptop and the volume randomly goes to 100% and then turning it down on the app does nothing!  It has done this for the last year, then it stopped, app update today and it starts again.  It has made the BOSE system unusable I cant have random bursts of 100% volume in the house.  I have disconnected everything else and taken the battery out of the remote with no change

Any fixes for this?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2018

Re: Volume automatically increases in SoundTouch app - still ongoing!

I just tried using itunes and using airplay, change volume control from itunes works for a second, just volume bar slides up and it gets louder and louder.  I quit the soundtouch app and just had itunes and then no volume control, just loud.  Rubbish system!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ben1,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your SoundTouch systems.

What devices do you have the SoundTouch App installed on?  Do you have it installed on just your Windows 10 laptop, or do you have it installed on any mobile devices like smartphones or tablets?

What sources are you playing to the systems?  Internet Radio?  Spotify?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2018

I've had this issue for over a year as well. I'm curious if you can find a fix. If you do, please let me know! 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello kingmonkey,

Thank you for the post, I'm sorry to hear you're running into this issue as well.

Can you provide us with the information requested above by Brandon so we can help you further?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2018

It has this problem from the soundtouch app playing my music files on windows 10 laptop, and also via itunes on windows 10 laptop, also when using airplay from ipad.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled app, I have spent an hour on the phone to tech support after posting initial post.  I have reset speaker, I have reset remote, I have removed batteries from remote. I have turned every device off in my house but no difference!  Tech support said they woudl get back to me but that was 5 days ago now...

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi ben1

Thanks for the reply!  

Just to confirm, is Spotify running in the background of any of the devices that are trying to stream to the SA-4?  We've seen in some instances when Spotify and the SoundTouch app are running, they can cause volume spikes or inability to control the volume at all.

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2018

No, i don't use Spotify, no other apps running on laptop, just sound touch, or when i tried iTunes and airplay it did it too whether sound touch was running or not
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hey ben1

Thank you for the quick reply.  This is certainly odd, and we'd like to take a deeper look into this.  I'm going to reach to you via PM to gather a bit more information.

Warm Regards,

Tony A