Ospencer1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Volume normalisation - soundtouch

(I have a sound touch 10 and premium Spotify sub.)
Volume normalisation settings available in Spotify are not transferred to the speaker or applicable via the soundtouch app, and there is no comparable setting in Bose soundtouch.

As a user I want to be able to replicate the volume-levelled music playback experience I get through Spotify on all my other devices through my soundtouch 10 speaker.

Please develop this feature - other posts on this forum indicate it's been requested a few times in the last 2-3 years.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Volume normalisation - soundtouch

Hi Ospencer1

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Have you tried launching Spotify Connect to see if this setting carries over for you while it's streaming directly to the speaker?

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Ospencer1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Re: Volume normalisation - soundtouch

Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. I've done some testing and yes, using Spotify connect resolves the volume normalisation issue. However that renders the preset buttons (the reason I chose soundtouch over Sonos) useless for Spotify, which I think is an issue.

Additionally while I was testing this I noticed that the soundtouch app doesn't have some expected functionality for a music app. It doesn't keep aligned with 'now playing' in Spotify, it often presents incorrect/old information. You also can't seek on the progress bar in a track, which is standard in most players. As a result of shortfalls in the app I only really use it for speaker settings or new connections etc.