Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

WAVE MUSICSYSTEM FIRMWARE?

I am a person who uses the bose wave music system (a pedestal added to wave music system III).

Recently, I downloaded the file from the homepage to update the pedestal and updated it by direct IP connection method from PC.

Https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/soundtouch_usb/index.html#Wave_SoundTouch

Https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/mr2_2017-c7dabc12/stu/n/Update.stu

However, after the update, the song titles are not visible in AIRPLAY and the hardware itself is changed to SoundTouch SA-4.

AIRPLAY are working still well. but, something seems to be wrong.

I think the firmware on the homepage is not compatible with my device.

I looked through everything on the homepage, but the files are the same in all three places.

https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView?id=kA133000000TgQp

1. http://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/mr2_2017-c7dabc12/stu/n/Update.stu

2. http://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/mr2_2017-c7dabc12/stu/n/Update.stu

https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/soundtouch_usb/index.html#Wave_SoundTouch

3. Https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/mr2_2017-c7dabc12/stu/n/Update.stu

It is no longer possible to recover to the previous one. Factory reset and initialization are also disabled. Music system III, pedestal resetting.

I do not know how many times I've done it differently. I wonder how to deal with it.

Below link is about Soundtouch SA-4

https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView?id=kA133000000TgRn

http://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/mr2_2017-c7dabc12/stu/l/Update.stu

Above link is the same with previous I mentioned it. It is exactly the same link I wrote above.

If someone is in this community as a company officer, please check the firmware for soundtouch musicsystem again.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: WAVE MUSICSYSTEM FIRMWARE?

Hi Luke,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

I would like to confirm, your Wave SoundTouch is now showing up in the SoundTouch App as an SA-4?

Are you able to use the system?  Can you play music through it?

The Wave SoundTouch III and the SA-4 use the same software file.  They both have a SoundTouch adapter that operates in the exact same way, with just a different image being displayed for the product that you actually have.

Are you able to try another factory reset on your system and name it?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

As you mentioned, the SA-4 will also appear in the soundtouch app (windows desktop and iphone app) after the update.

IMG_5846.PNGIMG_5847.PNG

It will play music but it will work only if I turn off the power and take airplay from iphone. Even if it becomes airplay, the song title does not appear. At this point, it just shows boselink, not the title of the song.

after immediately firmware updated. it can be working as airplay with iphone. but in the display it only showed "boselink" but the song title.after immediately firmware updated. it can be working as airplay with iphone. but in the display it only showed "boselink" but the song title.

If I change it in the soundtouch mode to use the airplay function, it will not respond.

Perhaps it is seemed to be recognized as SA-4.

In this manual, setup can be executed in this mode and airplay is also available in this mode, but if I select this mode with remote control, airplay will not be executed and airplay will only operate when the power is off.In this manual, setup can be executed in this mode and airplay is also available in this mode, but if I select this mode with remote control, airplay will not be executed and airplay will only operate when the power is off.

We have also done factory reset several times. The results are the same.

In my opinion, if you tell us the exact download link of the waveware file of wave musicsystem, it will be solved by updating it.

It is okay to give me the latest version, if possible, even the first one.

If you can help, I would appreciate your help.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Luke.

There is no software file for the Wave SoundTouch III that can be loaded on by the user.  Are you able to try another update of the SoundTouch pedestal by direct IP update?  If not, you will need to contact your local support center to arrange for service for the system.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

1. @Brandon_M @Luke @Jason_G Brandon/Jason i can confirm this exact issue is happening by me as well with a wave soundtouch pedestal now showing up as SA-4 after update to 15.0.20. See images attached: SoundTouch.pngScreenshot 2017-08-22 15.16.06.png
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2017

I think you are having the same problem as me. Did you solve it?

What I want is to see the song title in AIRPLAY mode.

This is not possible.

As you can see, I only see the word BOSELINK.

I would appreciate it that you tell me how to solve this problem.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Same exact issue, no solution yet. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi eliransapir,

Thanks for the post.  If the previous troubleshooting steps do not work, I would recommend you contact your local support center to arrange for service of the system.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

@Brandon_M The issue is that my system may or may not be under warranty and this was caused by a faulty update posted on your site evidenced by the fact its happening to multiple people.

Can we at least acknowledge that? In the other post by @Luke you ignored this completely and made it seem like the wave soundtouch was not user upgradeable when in fact Bose has updates and instructions posted on both the bose.com, and the soundtouch website for these systems. Can you make support aware that this problem was created due to faulty firmware?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi eliransapir,

This will be covered under warranty as it is purely a software issue.  If there are issues obtaining warranty service let me know, and I will follow up with the contact center in question.

Looking back, I think I may have misunderstood his question.  I thought he was asking for software to put on the Wave system itself, which is not possible.  There absolutely is firmware that can be sideloaded onto the SoundTouch adapter (which can be found at www.soundtouch.com/soundtouch_app/usb).  I apologize for that mistake.

-Brandon