Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

Was I just updated?

Hello,

This morning when I brought up the SoundTouch app (Windows), it complained to me that I didn't have a disk in E: (which is true, but then E: is not a disk drive). I clicked on continue and in a minute or so, it displayed the message "Your SoundTouch app software is now up to date (100)". So, has my system been updated, or not? It was a pretty fast update if I was, and I couldn't see that my app level or my speaker levels had been changed. Or does the message mean "I would have liked to update you, but I couldn't find an update"? Or is there some other more arcane meaning?

I thought I had gotten the 14.0.28 update on 2/22. I'm wondering now if all I got was this message, which can be read as telling me I'd been updated, but which actually meant I had not been updated.

Perhaps this message could be made clearer. (And the attempt to use drive E: could be corrected.)

- Alan -

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Was I just updated?

Author Accepted Answer selected by biljir

Hi Alan, 

Typically when you see the "Your SoundTouch app software is now up to date (100)" message it means an update to the app itself has just occurred. The updates to the systems themselves usually take much longer than the app updates. We've had a few different updates recently (both app and system) and will work to communicate these more clearly in the future. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Was I just updated?

Author Accepted Answer selected by biljir

Hi Alan, 

Typically when you see the "Your SoundTouch app software is now up to date (100)" message it means an update to the app itself has just occurred. The updates to the systems themselves usually take much longer than the app updates. We've had a few different updates recently (both app and system) and will work to communicate these more clearly in the future. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post