Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Wave SoundTouch Music System Series IV volume problem?

I own both Wave SoundTouch music systems series III and IV. One noticeable difference between the two units is the volume.  On series III,  50 would be the ideal volume for me when I listen to a particular CD but for series IV, I have to set the volume to 75.

This is quite a significant difference - is my series IV unit defective? Is this widely known about series IV units? 

Also, could you please enumerate the differences between the 2 systems? Or possibly direct me some place like a webpage to get that information - I have been searching for that information on the internet for a very long time but I cannot find it.  

Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Wave SoundTouch Music System Series IV volume problem?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bose_Lover_AMP

Hi again,

I've just compared the two systems here in the office, and the volume levels are very similar.  I'm thinking there might be an issue with your series IV system.  My recommendation would be to contact your local support center to arrange for service.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there,

Thanks for the question.  I've never directly compared the two systems for volume level, but a level of 75 for listening to CDs strikes me as abnormally high.  What about other sources like AM/FM radio, Bluetooth or SoundTouch audio?  Are they roughly at the same level?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Yes, you are right. Thanks for your response.

Actually, I use them a lot to tune in to either my Pandora or iHeartRadio music stations or radio stations.  Regardless of what I am listening to, the volume level is different between the two systems - series III is noticeably louder than series IV.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kind Regards,

AMP_Loves_Bose

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bose_Lover_AMP

Hi again,

I've just compared the two systems here in the office, and the volume levels are very similar.  I'm thinking there might be an issue with your series IV system.  My recommendation would be to contact your local support center to arrange for service.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Ok. Thank you!

Kind Regards,

AMP_Loves_Bose

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Hi,

I have bought the Wave ST IV music system today and I am noticing a very low volume for the product. Till Vol 30, hardly anything is audible. Normal Audible Volume comes in the range of 50+. This is my first BOSE product and I am really frustrated by the low volume output in all modes like CD, Radio, Aux, Bluetooth. How can a music system minimum playing sound is 50+ and inaudible till 30? Is there something wrong with my product or Wave ST IV is designed like that? Please suggest ways to increase the volume.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi amitjha, 

Thank you for the post. This is normal operation for the Wave. Turning the Wave up to 30-50 for listening is standard in most environments. The system was engineered to work normally all the way up to 99. There is no way to adjust this ramp up curve. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support