auerora
Registered since

Mar 3, 2015

Wave SoundTouch System Service interruptions

Hello.
After the last Sofware Update of 3rd of March 2015 the Wave SoundTouch System does not work well. The SoundTouch App on my Computer can not find the System. Only after disconnecting and connecting the System from the electric power it returns to work (4 times in a week). Internet Radio Stations frequently  have interruptions.
What a pity.
Stefan

13 REPLIES 13
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Wave SoundTouch System Service interruptions

Auerora, 
Can you describe the interruptions in your internet radio source in more detail:

• Do you see any error message on the front of the system, or in the app when this happens?
  • Does your music pause briefly before beginning again, or does it stop entirely and require you to start it manually?
  • What does your Wave SoundTouch report for an RSSI value? See the article: Determining the received signal strength

And relating to the separate system-discovery issue, Have you manually unplugged and reset your router since the software update? If not, we would strongly recommend this.
Let us know and we can continue investigating. Thank you.

auerora
Registered since

Mar 3, 2015

Answer 1. question: The message on the front of the system was "connecting" and sometimes "stopped". At this moment I could not connect to the radio station with the app and the remote control.
Sometimes the music pause briefly, sometimes it stopped entirely I had to swith off the music system and to restart it manually. After this it worked.
Answer2. question: Yes I unplugged manually the router and reset the router.
Excuse my poor english.
Thanks
Stefan
auerora
Registered since

Mar 3, 2015

RSSI value: Signal strenght is sactisfactorily
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

The RSSI value should be listed as one of four options "poor", "Fair", "Good", or "Great" (obviously these may translate differently in other regions. For normal behavior we recommend either "good" or "Great" signal. See if you can temporarily move the system closer to the router to improve this, let us know if this test has any impact on your problem.
some additional questions: 

• Is this issue only with Internet Radio? or do you see the same symptoms with SPotify, Deezer, the music library, etc.
  • Roughly how long does the audio play for before the music is interrupted?

Thank you.
auerora
Registered since

Mar 3, 2015

Hello George.
The RSSI option which is shown is"fair". I will try to move the system closer to the router tomorrow.
I only use the system with Internet Radio, but I will try with the iTunes library.
The audio plays some times for about 40 minutes before interruption and sometimes less than 5 minutes.Please excuse my poor English.
Thanks
Stefan

alphabetagaga
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2015

i also get frequent internet radio disruptions on my soundtouch 20. on bbc stations the problems seem to only occur. the station will play for between 40 minutes and an hour before stopping. it will not restart on its own accord and i'll get the 'stop' logo on the display. sometimes the station will play for longer sometimes less. non-bbc stations eg lbc london or arrow classic rock (netherlands) are fine.
my rssi shows as 'fair' but i do not see that as the cause as i have absolutely zero problems with anything i play on airplay, even when using both the bose and a b&w zeppelin speaker at the same time.
any suggestions?
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi alphabetagaga,
We haven't seen any new issues specific to BBC stations, but we're curious to learn more about what is causing this behavior on your end.  Please begin with a reset to your ST20 speaker by holding the AUX button for a full 15 seconds. This will reboot the machine and reconnect to your router. 

If the problem persists, please test the ST 20 out in a spot closer to the router where the RSSI appears as either "good" or "great" to see if this has any impact on the problem. Additionally, try this out on sources other than internet radio to see if the same issues appear. (Spotify, Deezer, Music library etc.) .
Thank you. 
alphabetagaga
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2015

thanks for replying george. i reset the soundtouch a couple of days back and also the router.
if using airplay (from itunes on my pc) on the same router there are zero issues on the soundtocuh playback 🙂 just as if using music library from within the soundtouch app there are no issues 🙂 i really think it must be something to do with the new bbc streams and the recent changeover to a more un-ified provider (audio factory). if using non bbc streams such as lbc or arrow classic rock i have 99.9% streaming sucess. as 'auerora' said above
'The audio plays some times for about 40 minutes before interruption and sometimes less than 5 minutes'
which is what i also experience with bbc streams

auerora
Registered since

Mar 3, 2015

Hello George.
Now the system works fine.
Thank you George.