Highlighted
robbietapping
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Wave SoundTouch music System Series IV - Working for 3 weeks and now Pedestal has no lights.

Hi All,

I have a 3 weeks old - Wave Sound Touch IV in white... Purchased from the Sydney Westfield Store in NSW Australia, The Wave device has the accompaning WIFI/Bluetooth pedestal.  

Up until yesterday it was working fine and then thius morning when i was expecting for it to connect to my network, i could not see the device on my network..

My wireless device was unable to detect the Wave speeker.

I checked the back of the device to note that there was no Power or lights coming from the Pedestal.

The Radio/Clock itself works fine, i can use the CD player and the AUX function but the Bose Link does not seem to be communicating with the Pedestal.

I Also tried removing the speaker from the app. and have tried all mothod recommened of resetting to Factory setting with no luck I continue to receive white flashing dot and turning  to solid white which I understand mean it still has a WIFI setting so I am trying to get it back to amber light.

Any help would be great so I can one again use the system fully.

I dont like the idea that i have paid $999AUD for a device which ultimately is being a problem 3 weeks into my ownership.

Also to note i have tried resetting the pedestal itself

the Main unit it self

tried to do the upgrade via the usb cable with no luck.

Cheers

Robbie

1 REPLY 1

Re: Wave SoundTouch music System Series IV - Working for 3 weeks and now Pedestal has no lights.

Hi Robbie,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Wave SoundTouch.  If the LED on the back of the pedestal is still solid white, that means that the system is still connected to Wi-Fi, and disconnecting/reconnecting to Wi-Fi will most likely not solve this issue.

Let's start by unplugging the power to your wireless router for 30 seconds to reboot it.  Plug it back in, and after a minute or two make sure that the LED on the back of the pedestal is back to solid white.  Once that is done, go into the SoundTouch app and add the speaker back to your account by going to 'Settings>Add or Reconnect Speaker>Speaker Already Connected to Network'.  Are you able to now find the speaker and add it to your account?

Thanks,

Brandon