Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Wave Soundtouch 15.0.20 Firmware Issues - (identifies as SA-4. Missing Volume Control & Song Name)

Hi Soundtouch Team, seems like this issue is being ignored but it is not unique to me as it was reported initially by @Luke here

The issue is after a manual upgrade to the 15.20 version the Wave Musicsystem III with the Soundtouch Pedestal is exhibiting weird behaviors, which are crippling this system:

1. When system is discovered in soundtouch app it is discovered as SA-4
  2. Volume control does not work
  3. Switching from Spotify or any other soundtouch music source to airplay freezes system
  4. Switching from Airplay to any soundtouch music source freezes system
  5. Switching from Soundtouch to any other local source CD/Radio requires a reboot to get system to respond to soundtouch commands 
  6. Song names do not show up on screen - system will only show Boselink on screen when playing via spotify/pandora or airplay.
  7. When clicking the Soundtouch/AUX button on remote the system will show "Soundtouch" on screen but no soundtouch commands can be sent to the system nor can any song be played in this mode. In order to use soundtouch system needs to be off /standby at which point it will turn on and switch to Boselink mode. 

Screen shots attached here from the other thread. 

Bose Team @admin @bose @BoseAdmin  Can you please provide a copy of previous firmware we can load on the unit until this is fixed?

• SoundTouch_1.pnglarge.pnglarge.jpglarge-1.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Wave Soundtouch 15.20 Firmware Issues - (identifies as SA-4. Missing Volume Control & Song Name)

Hi eliransapir,

Thanks for the post.  We discussed this issue in a meeting this morning, and we want to escalate this issue to the engineers.  Would you be willing to obtain logs from your system following these instructions?  I will send a request to upload those logs to the e-mail address you have in your Bose Community account.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Re: Wave Soundtouch 15.20 Firmware Issues - (identifies as SA-4. Missing Volume Control & Song N

Thank you @Brandon_M this doen just uploaded the log files

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Wave Soundtouch 15.20 Firmware Issues - (identifies as SA-4. Missing Volume Control & Song N

Wonderful, thank you for the quick upload.  I'll get this escalated, I should have more information at the beginning of next week (as the engineers are gone for the weekend.)

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if anything changes.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

Hello Brandon,

I also have the EXACTLY same issue as described by the other user. My firmware is also upgraded to 15.0.20 and the behavior of the unit is now weiered and exactly as described in the post by the other user.

In the firmware upgrade page there are only two options - the first one leads to installation of 15.0.20 and leads to the mess up of unit's behaviour, the 2nd one is not applicable for me (as that is for WMS IV, mine is WMS-III + SoundTouch Pedestal)

https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/soundtouch_usb/index.html#Wave_SoundTouch

Option-1: Wave SoundTouch® Music System (I installed through this option)

Option-2: Wave SoundTouch® Series IV

Please help urgently for a resolution or updated version of firmwire for Option-1 above.

Thanks and regards.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2017

@Brandon_MCan you please provide a copy of the previous firmware we can load on the unit until this is fixed? Need the version prior ro 15.0.20 till a fix is provided. Thank you.