Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

What options do we want in the new v17 app?

To all moderators and members

I fully understand the philosophy to bring great soundexperience with minimal settings as it was intended to by DR. Bose but times are changing...

We all want new things in our app so Is it possible to setup a poll with various must have options in it so we have a clear view what we want and also a clear view for the developers (I know they are counting requests).

I will start with some must have options:

1. Change sources from within the app (so we don't have to use the remote for this anymore).

2. Adjustable EQ settings with Bass slider (this will be a tough one I know :))

If you want the same or other great options please post them here so we have all our requests together so that I can pass them over to the developers and this way we have the biggest chance it will be implemented in the next update......

Thanks for your support

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: What options do we want in the new v17 app?

In addition I'd like to see per channel level adjustment

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

1. Balance/Channel Level Adjustment

2. EQ (at least Treble, Bass, maybe Midtone)

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

I realize that when I bought into the Bose speaker system, that their philosophy was great music as intended, without any need of adjustment.

Unfortunately this all unraveled with the V15 firmware, at least if we had a way of adjusting our sound to our own liking it would help.

Bass, treble and mid adjustment via the app would be a good starting point, with the ability to adjust the balance of front and rear speakers at a later date maybe.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2017

I would like to have EQ, but if not full EQ, then at least a bass slider. I also have a Soundtouch 30 (v2) and the app includes a bass control for that player. However, the default position for the control is full bass, so actually the control can only be used to reduce bass from the starting position. On the SoundTouch 300 it is a bit of a pain having to use a combination of buttons on the remote to adjust and set bass. However, having this function at least implies Bose understands that customers want to be able to adjust the settings. If Bose already understands that, then it should be a short step to improving functionality and accessibility by including adjustment settings in the app.
Finally, I use a universal remote for controlling TV, soundbar, set-top box and Blu-ray player. I therefore don't want to have to resort to individual remotes for making tonal adjustments. Tonal adjustments would sit well in the app and be more intuitive to use than the guessing game involved in the series of remote buttons and flashing lights.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

*bump* 🙂

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

NEED, not just want, is ability to adjust treble, mid, etc.

Almost any time use the ST300 after watching a movie or netfflix, have a killer headache. And the volume is not up loud at all.

Honestly believe it is due to highs and/or mid being too high. Surprised there is not pack of dogs outside my living room door coming to respond to the high frequencies. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 5, 2017

in no set order.....

- EQ functions, advanced control features to tweak all aspects, and ability to "share" these settings across thd community.

- Visualisation of current base and other levels for each speaker

- Decent "home" page, at least show presets rather than local radio, but ideally configurable.

- Link to bose pages, install the app, but no links to other content!

- Alam clock - Turn on at volume level x, play radio/prime/etc ....

Thats a quick top of my head list, but the app should be the gateway to bose, not just a remote control (though should be able to do everything the remote can but with more bells and whistles).