Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2016

When will HDMI ARC get fixed for LG OLED55B7P

I have Bose Soundtouch 650 and while streaming Amazon Prime or Netflix in 5.1 Surround audio I keep getting the audio as if it is under water previously I had zero issues with it before the current update I can only listen in stereo which does not make me happy about it.  I hope there is update for this soon because it has been a issue for sometime now.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2016

Re: When will HDMI ARC get fixed for LG OLED55B7P

Anyone have a solution for this I also have it on Alternative and still no luck.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

No issues on my 55c6d. What does your audio config for the tv look like? Is it only affecting arc?

But only using the st300 package.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hi Bos3i5Gr3aT,

We have seen some compatibility issues with the ARC and some LG TV's previously.  A few items to try if you haven't already:

Try replacing the HDMI cable with another if you have one.  If not, removing and reseating the one that's connected at both ends may be all it needs to start working.  Unplugging both the ST300 and the TV from power during this process will reset both devices and may be helpful. 

LG has its own CEC control feature called Simplink that may be interfering with the ARC's audio.  Make sure those settings on the TV are disabled completely. 

Check to see if the TV has any firmware updates available for it. 

Beyond that, as MykeINeiD suggested, let us know more about your setup and we may be able to provide more information.

Although it's not an ideal solution, the option to connect via an optical cable should be available as a workaround. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks!