Highlighted
Whalestails
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 18, 2015

When will Play All/Add speaker work? It's been months...

Hi all,

I know this is an ongoing topic and something which is effecting a large number of people, but I can't see any official update from Bose since the start of August so wanted to ask the community...

I have 2 SoundTouch 10's, 1 SoundTouch 20 and the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar - so well over £1,300 worth of SoundTouch hardware (not to mention a couple of pairs of headphones and computer speakers + sub woofer). I am fully invested in the ecosystem, which truthfully has never worked properly. It's always been flakey, with speakers dropping in and out or not being found on the network despite excellent Wi-Fi signal. I've bought two different types of signal boosters on the advise of Bose to make the signal even stronger - still no joy (I lived in a small flat, and now a small house - not some sort of mansion where you might expect Wi-Fi signal to be a problem).

Now more than ever, I feel utterly conned with no end in sight in terms of when I can use these speakers for what they were sold as, and what I bought them for. It's quite unbelievable to be honest, that a company the size of Bose are treating their customers like this.

Does anyone have any information on what Bose are actually doing to fix this fundamental issue (if anything) and if it's not going to be fixed, what my recourse might be to send all of this kit back to them for a refund?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ben 

6 REPLIES 6
Rock Dancing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Re: When will Play All/Add speaker work? It's been months...

I was just checking the board with the same question. I got the latest update last night, and rebooted the speaker that alwaysrefuses to join the group (my poor little red headed stepchild v. 1 ST) to no avail.
Rock Dancing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

I was just checking the board with the same question. I got the latest update last night, and rebooted the speaker that always refuses to join the group (my poor little red headed stepchild v. 1 ST) to no avail.
Shell
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

Totally agree. Whilst I only have 3 SoundTouch 10 speakers almost every time I try to use them something is awry. Today....only one speaker at a time will play!!
I’m constantly having to reconnect the speakers and often that doesn’t work so I give up. It’s so off putting I now try not to use them!!
Sorry Bose, but it does feel like we’ve been conned!!
Community Manager

Hi Rock Dancing and Shell

Thank you for reaching out to us for support!  I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these Play All issues, and I can assure you we are working on a global update that should help correct this issue.  In the mean time, I'm going to reach out to you via PM so that we can get this issue addressed!

Thank you for your patience,

Tony A 

Shell
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 16, 2018

Hi Tony A

Play all working beautifully now. Feels great to be able to just open the app and play with no aggravation! 

Thanks for all your help in sorting. Very greatly appreciated. 

Shell

Hello Shell,

Thank you for the update!

We're delighted to hear it's resolved now for you.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Joel