Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2018

Re: When will Sound Touch Speakers play 24 bit FLAC files?

I fully agree with you

When i bought my soudtouch 20 i expected it to play all my audio files but it does not

At first i tought that it was too young and that we'll quickly get an update to fix this issue but today, more than one year after, this feature is still not implemented.

It's a shame for a company which pretends to offer the best audio quality to their customers

I'm really disappointed by Bose company, they doesn't take into account their customers expectations

On october Brandon told us that he'll put in the recommendation to have this feature added. But according to the last post nothing has been done...

Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

Re: When will Sound Touch Speakers play 24 bit FLAC files?

Hi, thanks for your support on this subject.  Perhaps if many customers complain, we may get some action from Bose.  I am not a network bandwidth expert, however I heard that there may involve major hardware and software changes if Bose speakers are to play 24 bit files.  Some companies whose products support play does an automatic 'hidden' reduced sampling (say from 24 bit to 15 bit), but apply other technical enhancements to assure that the files still play with high quality.  Bose should seriously apply some kind of sampling strategy to cover 24 bit files, instead of dead silence. It's the future.  Or maybe they don't want to play in that space of market. Then they will just be intermediates as customers step over them, put Bose in storage boxes or sell on eBay, and move up to other brands. 

Kim