cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frostednole
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

Re: When will we have control to disable the SoundTouch 300 auto-standby feature?

Bose responded on twitter. It goes off every 18 minutes and it cannot be turned off. We need to blast them on social media and reviews all over until its fixed. A youtube review will be going up soon from me. My last one had 100k hits so maybe they will listen then. If you use a headset its a useless turd. I fully expect them to lock this thread soon also.
Jonathan1982
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Re: When will we have control to disable the SoundTouch 300 auto-standby feature?

Yes, same issue here. Fire up the PS4 to play games with my headset on so I can talk to my team while playing and around 20 minutes the TV shuts off. I turn the TV back on and 20 mintes later it shuts off again. I also have the same issue while using the headset to watch TV through my PS4 so I dont wake anyone up at night. This is so frustrating.
marcpitt
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Just wanted to add my support to this thread.  I have the full setup with soundtouch 300, invisible rear speakers and subwoofer.  This auto sleep feature is also making this setup fail the family acceptance factor as it is really unclear to my wife and kids why they need to turn this on again or even how.  I also receive the very negative "take this 2000 euro crap back" comments from my wife.  Moreover if it is late at night and you turn off the subwoofer in the speaker selection, then it goes to sleep and then you wake it back up and you have to turn the sub off again.  

dayjob
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

I found a number of threads about this and even a pole from Bose which had this as #2 request a year ago. I see not one response from Bose on addressing this. It may be time to return this and not look back.
Frank_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hello AlMax220,

Thank you for your detailed post. This would be a great feature to add. I will submit this to our engineering department as a feature request.

Jonathan1982
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

I hope that the feature is added soon. The only work around not having my TV shut off while playing my Playstation using a headset is to connect the soundbar to the TV via optical cable. This defeats the purpose of using HDMI for Arc ability. ARC is one if the main reasons I upgraded my TV and chose the Bose Soundtouch 300 complete package. I am very dissatisfied and until the auto standby can be disabled, I can not recommended this to anyone.
GuyinPA75
Advisor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

I have the same tv and issues that you do.

Did the new update stop turning the tv off when soundbar goes to sleep?

I returned the soundbar due to this issue so have no way see what new update does.

Jonathan1982
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

It did not fix anything regarding shutting the tv off. The fix will come IF they will allow the user to disable the automatic power saving mode that shuts off the soundbar. But, I had to lose the arc ability and just connect it using the optial cable. It was the only option. If I wasn't past the return period I would return mine too.
seanmier
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Just adding my voice to this post.

I too have just encountered this issue and it is extremely frustrating. Not sure why this wouldn't just be a user-specified setting, but fingers crossed that it soon will be.

I am so happy with my new Bose setup, apart from a couple of bizarre things like this, but I'm hoping that subsequent software updates can fix them.

Thanks!
fils
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

Adding my name here too!

BOSE..  you have GOT TO FIX THIS!

There are so many situations where there is causing huge pains!