Where did my playlists go?

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Where did my playlists go?

We have a NAS hooked up to our system.  I leave a computer up running Windows Media Player so we can go into a massive playlist (around 5,000 tracks) and have our Soundtouch 10 speakers shuffle through our music.  This morning when I select that media server, 'Playlists' is no longer a choice.  **bleep**?

A huge reason we have the speakers is to play our vast music selection in just this way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by KCSteve

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Where did my playlists go?

I chose the specific media server.  As I hoped, giving it 5-10 minutes to think about things wound up fixing the problem - AFTER I fixed the actual problem of the log-in having timed out.

Thanks for your help!  I'm back to having a happy wife. Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi KC Steve,

Can you go onto your computer and 'Sync music library'? You can do this by right-clicking the icon in the task tray and selecting sync music library. This should refresh everything. Also just double check that Windows Media Player knows that your playlists are there.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

Audible Advocate

That solved part of the problem - I found that my login to the NAS has expired on that computer.  Re-logging in gets it close in that I can play music, but I still don't see Playlists for some reason.

I see! So when your adding the music library back, do you choose 'Music Library on NAS' or on the computer?

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

Audible Advocate

I chose the specific media server.  As I hoped, giving it 5-10 minutes to think about things wound up fixing the problem - AFTER I fixed the actual problem of the log-in having timed out.

Thanks for your help!  I'm back to having a happy wife. Smiley Happy

Great to hear! No one wants an unhappy wife! Have a great day KC Steve. Thank you for reaching out!

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C