Highlighted
Paul Westbrook
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 19, 2015

Where is the album artwork?

My SoundTouch music library doesn't get much - hardly any - of the album artwork in my iTunes library. It seems to get less than 1% Of the available artwork. Is there anything I can do to improve the uptake?
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Where is the album artwork?

Hi Paul05,

Thank you for the inquiry. Album art must be embedded in individual audio files to be visible in the SoundTouch app. Some programs, such as iTunes, save album artwork separately from the audio file by default. To associate artwork per track for visibility by SoundTouch:
1.In iTunes, highlight the desired albums or tracks
2.Right-click on the selection and choose "Get Album Artwork"
3. Once the artwork is added, right-click the album and choose "Get Info"
4. Select the "Artwork" tab
5. Click and hold the album image to drag it off the artwork window and back onto it, then release the mouse button and click "OK"

Note: Step 1 will make album art visible in iTunes. Steps 2 - 5 will make artwork visible in the SoundTouch music library. This process associates the album image to each album track and needs to be done for each album for visibility in SoundTouch

For large libraries where this process is too time consuming, try a 3rd party app, like MediaMonkey, that can assign album art to individual tracks
Thank you 
sessiles
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

Re: Where is the album artwork?

I am having the same problem with album artwork. However, I use a WD MyCloud NAS to store my iTunes. All the album artwork is visible on the NAS for each album track. About 1% of it is visible when using SoundTouch. How can i fix this?
Thanks for any help you can provide!