Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Why do I need to unplug all the time?

I have a SoundTouch 20 speaker, and software is updated. Every day (or several times a day) I have to unplug the equipment from the power supply to restart. 

Other people here with the same issue?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Why do I need to unplug all the time?

Hello jan.tytgat

Thanks for posting in the community!

When you mention you have to unplug the power on the system everyday, what exactly is the issue that is prompting you to do so?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

it happens every day that I select a channel and I see the system connecting with  the internet (either radio, either a spotify playlist). But no sound. Then I fully inplug from the power supply and reconnect. After a few minutes I restart and then the system works again. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi jan.tytgat,

Thank you for the response!

Can you open the SoundTouch app, navigate to Settings>About>Select your system and let us know what the signal strength is?

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

It's a strong signal, my laptop and phone are also on that network. Sometimes, I see that the network is interupted for a few seconds, but my laptop reconnects without a problem, and the SoundTouch ususally too, but sometimes not. And then, the only solution that works, is to unplug from the electricity grid, reconnect, wait a few minutes and it works again. Same as (sometimes) when I start the SoundTouch.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

I also face this issue. I need to remove the power cable, let ST reconnect and things will be fine again. Yet with my Sony and Libratone speakers which is similar to ST concept, it is more stable. I am in the process of replacing all my ST. ST really give me a bad experience. Bose has really nice audio but when it comes to smart speakers, it is way behind. 

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi jan.tytgat 

Thank you for the reply!  You mention that you have drops in the internet, have you been able to reset your router by disconnecting from power for 30 seconds?  

Also, to confirm, are you using the preset buttons on the top of the system or the app to try and access your music?

@vandrew

Thanks for writing in!  

Sorry to hear your experiencing a similar issue, but would be glad to help!

Can you let us know which SoundTouch systems are having these issues?

Also, has a router reset been attempted since the issues started?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

ST10 in paired mode has the most issues. Yes router reset performed. Most of the time they have issues in sync, one will have music and one will drop so causing both to stop. Today totally stopped. Not even Spotify preset works. So I had to unplugg both ST10 power. Wait for few minutes and connect back. Works well now until few days later most likely I need to repeat it. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

I am having similar issues.  I have 2xST10's and a ST300 and have to unplug to reset several times while using. Constantly fighting to keep all 3 speakers connected.  The dropped connection issue has been an ongoing for some time.  Is there a fix coming soon.  I have been following this issue for months as I have constant connection issues.  I have even changed wifi router and cable modem and have nothing but problems using this system.  Very disappointed in this product.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 22, 2017

To Jan and bosefan123,

What is the exact model of the wireless router/AP?