Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 15, 2016

Wi-fi network not found

I am facing a problem. My Sountouch 20 is unable to detect Wifi. Moreover, even over the USB or the Ethernet, the same problem persists. Moreover, from my Android phone app or the computer, I can't even detect the ST 20 system.

Have tried resets many times over (9 to be precise),
Have tried using the USB flash drive to load network details onto the ST20
Have also checked the Windows firewall and security settings (which are all fine and allow ST apps, etc.).
The frustrating bit is that the same steps have been repeated for over 3 hours now and the black box does not find the Wi-Fi Network..
Interestingly, this is just the second day after we purchased this system. On Day 1, it worked seamlessly.
With no change in our modems, routers, ID names, passwords or even devices on the netwrok. I can't fathom as to the reasons for this problem.
I really need help and fast.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Wi-fi network not found

Hi Rajesh,
The wi-fi setup for your SoundTouch 20 should only ever need to be performed once. You mention having had the system up and running successfully on the first day, so we know this has been completed at least once.
Does the Wi-Fi LED on the front of the SoundTouch speaker still show solid white indicating a connection? If so, then subsequent attempts to set up to the same network will not be necessary or successful. Let us know if this is the case and we can troubleshoot why your apps do not detect the speaker online.
If the LED shows a flashing white or yellow LED instead, we may need to perform a factory reset to clear the previous configuration from the system before setting up again. The steps for a factory reset can be found here:
Let us know and we can proceed from there. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 15, 2016

Re: Wi-fi network not found

Thanks for the response.. Delayed..but a response..
Honestly, I am sick and tired of BOSE.
I have tried getting the customer Support in India to get the problem resolved.. All the troubleshooting thru the Saturday ended in a verbal brawl as the person on the other end of the line insisted that there was something wrong with my router but was unable to point out the problem. It beats me that the connection does get setup but then drops off. even as other devices on the network remain connected on my wifi network..
Funnily, the connection keeps dropping even as the BOSE Support person is monitoring the status of the ST20 thry the app using Teamviewer on my desktop and then the BOSE person realises that a working connection just dropped and that he (and in one case, a she) have no clue on why this is happening.
One has to grant it to BOSE for training support staff that just dont believe that the product can actually be so shoddy.
BTW, to answer your innocent sounding question, yes the Wifi LED shows solid white but even then the connection is not made.. Factory resets that you passingly but surely mentioned have been done some 20 times over. And all in vain as even if a connection is made, it drops pretty fast.
In fact, there have been instances when the system suddenly wakes up, connects to the wifi network on its own accord and starts playing 🙂
Those are instances when we get tears in our eyes.. all out of joy..Like a parent of a dumb child when the child in question utters a clear word.
This blackbox (ST 20) has so many secrets that I am seriously considering gifting it to BOSE India's CEO.. He or she might be able to get the black box to sing songs when he / she wants rather than when the black box itself decides to sing a song.
BTW, to give credit to BOSE, the speakers are good.. The networking capabilities though are as daft as that of a 2 month old toddler doing a rope walk.
If this is being read by someone that really cares to keep up the dictionary meaning of CUSTOMER SUPPORT at BOSE, please, for god's sake, send a human being to my place and have this resolved. No point having the ST 20 working at a service centre but not at my premises. I bought it in the hope of using it at my apartment not for public display at a BOSE store.
And if BOSE decides not to revert on this painfully narrated eulogy on the demise of ST 20, I would understand that BOSE actually never meant CUSTOMER SUPPORT.