Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

WiFi Network - but no Internet Connection

Hi there. I bought a sound touch 300 today but am having trouble configuring it. I have downloaded the app and followed the instructions but am getting nowhere. It tells me to click the sound touch button and then hold the 9 button until the lights all flash and then release. At this point I am supposed to see an amber light on the WiFi indicator but this is not happening. I've tried it about twenty times. I've also followed the steps outlined here https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/connecting-to-a-wi-fi-network-alt-setup-st300.html but when I try to connect to the Bose WiFi the message is connected but no internet. Finally I tried a factory reset but that made no difference.

I definitely have no internet problem as it is working well for other devices in the house. Please can someone tell me what might be the cause of this?

Thanks
G
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 21, 2017

Re: WiFi Network - but no Internet Connection

While waiting for a moderator to reply, heres a tip that may help:

I ran into this once before and for some reason I noticed that if I held '9' for a shorter time period, the WiFi (and another light) would glow steady solid and I was able to continue with setup.  No idea why that worked for me, but it did.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2018

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it didn't make a difference.

Should i be expecting to hear from a moderator on this?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi G,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having setting your system up.

Do you have just the SoundTouch 300 system?  Have you attempted a power cycle of your wireless router, or a reboot of the SoundTouch system after connecting to Wi-Fi?

Once your system is connected to Wi-Fi, is your setup device reconnected to Wi-Fi?

Let us know and we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support