fredlove
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2015

Re: Will Bose Soundtouch Support Apple Music, Just as They Do with Spotify, Rdio, Deezer, etc...?

I finally figured it out. Not sure why no moderators will explain this to us.
First of all:
The cinemate systems DO NOT directly support airplay or bluetooth (even though following links and instructions leads you to believe they do one or the other if not both)
If you are using a sountouch series you can connect to it via bluetooth and then create a group based on that smaller speaker that can include your main cinemate system. In other word you can stream backwards.
Once you do that you can stream any audio you want including Apple Music. Just has to be done outside of the app itself which is better anyways since it is rather limited.

emilhio
Registered since

Oct 1, 2015

Re: Will Bose Soundtouch Support Apple Music, Just as They Do with Spotify, Rdio, Deezer, etc...?

My purchase decision (to be made by end of 2015) is dependent on Apple Music and Sleep timer functionalities. I would appreciate the feedback. I am considering two brands for now. thanks.
Jason_G
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

FredLove is correct.  To clarify though, the new models of home theater systems do support Bluetooth directly.  Information on the systems can be found HERE
If your SoundTouch system doesn't support Bluetooth it can still have Bluetooth audio streamed to it as long as there is at least one Bluetooth enabled SoundTouch system on the network to act as the master.
I hope this helps.  Thanks!
cornishdave
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2015

hi jason so am i correct in assuming if i have a sountouch system that has bluetooth i can stream my itunes music to it (like i did with my airplay system), but further to that i can send this music stream to any other sound touch system if it has bluetooth? what i am trying to achieve is to have 3 systems downstairs simultaniously playing music that i am controlling from my macbook (not worried if this is outside the soundtouch app) ie ls535 in the lounge, sa-5 and speakers in the kitchen and an sa-5 with speakers in the garden, cheers
jregan02093
Registered since

Jun 8, 2015

Please add me to the list requesting Apple Music support
vendor_net
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2015

It would be great to extend the streaming services with Apple music.
questioner
Registered since

Nov 10, 2015

yes im going with Sonos if someone at Bose can't explain how to use apple music throughout the home and on presets of soundtouch
xspottyx
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 25, 2015

+1
Please add proper integration of Apple Music in the same way as Spotify Connect.
izenteno
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2015

Why does it take so long to add Apple Music to the soundtouch system. Should be a straight forward change. Come on BOSE!
RG79
Registered since

Nov 24, 2015

Seriously, i am regretting buying the system at the moment. What is taking so long to sort this out!