Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2016

Will Soundtouch app get sidelined with new Smart Home range?

It's been a while since any new functionality has been added to the soundtouch app as the team seem to have been diverted onto the play all issue. Could we get a statement from Bose about their commitment to developing the soundtouch app please? I have kit that is still quite new and have had precious little in the way of new app functionality since I bought in. The UK still get a sub standard Alexa experience. Stereo pairing was an age coming after it was promised. I'm looking for a message from the product manager that there is still a commitment. I can't see how you'd get brand recommendations without giving those of us who bought in at least something for our money.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 17, 2016

Re: Will Soundtouch app get sidelined with new Smart Home range?

The answer is yes - just had the BOSE preorder email for the home speaker - not compatible - FAQ’s. - won’t be getting that then!926B60B5-0508-456B-B528-E70B62FEA65B.png

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

I veel kind of **bleep**ed by bose.. When sonos comes with  new speakers they are compatible with anything they had. Now bose comes with new speakers wich is a good thing and they make it a brand new multiroom system with a new app.. Very loyal to the customers

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

I believe after all the trouble with the Soundtouch software that this is basically the end of the Soundtouch lineup and all the speakers will be replaced by "smart" ones over the time.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 17, 2016

Trouble? I think most of trouble was of BOSE own making- delaying updates and being USA centric with support imho

myself having 4 sound touch devices - with many users with multiple device like myself -  I think they could have considered this before - dumping the range! Of course if they want to offer a substantial discount to customers who have SoundTouch to switch might rethink😄 

of course they could alternately do an optional update that would enable the sound touch to work with the new BOSE music  app?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

I've got the st300 with sub +vi300 and st 10,20 and 30. I thought i bought a system 1 year ago which would be great for 5-10 years but I highly doubt that now and I kind of feel fooled. Soundtouch is nog working like it should for the price and if i knew all this stuff I would have chose a different system.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello all

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns.  We do plan to both continue supporting the SoundTouch application and compatible products in the future, including updates. As for what the details contain, we don't have this information at this time, but we'll let the community know.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2016

Will Bose continue to support SoundTouch?  Yes, they have already stated that they will.

But let's be real.  The SoundTouch support to date hasn't been very good.  There have been lots of issues, and new feature adoption has been very slow.  Now they have a new product line, and I will bet all new products that we see are under that new product line...we won't see any new SoundTouch hardware.  They are going to spend thier time and resources supporting their new Smart Home products...it only makes sense.

Will see see some continued support for SoundTouch?  Likely, but it will be worse then it has been for the past few years....and that is pretty bad.  We now own a legacy product.