Hammyman
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Will a SoundTouch 20 wifi speaker work with an Amazon ECHO

Will a SoundTouch 20 wifi speaker work with an Amazon ECHO?

I've been told a Amazon Dot will, but cannot find out if they will work with my ECHO

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Will a SoundTouch 20 wifi speaker work with an Amazon ECHO

Author Accepted Answer selected by Hammyman

Hi Hammyman!

You can certainly connect the SoundTouch system to an Amazon Alexa product such as the Dot via Bluetooth or AUX. If your system is a series 1 or series 2, you can connect to the Alex product via AUX. If your system is a series 3 with Bluetooth, you can choose either AUX or Bluetooth.

In the future we will be releasing the Alexa skillset for SoundTouch, meaning you would be able to control any series of system via WiFi and would not need an active Bluetooth or AUX connection to the system. This feature will be released at a later date.

Let us know if this helps answer your question! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Hammyman

Hi Hammyman!

You can certainly connect the SoundTouch system to an Amazon Alexa product such as the Dot via Bluetooth or AUX. If your system is a series 1 or series 2, you can connect to the Alex product via AUX. If your system is a series 3 with Bluetooth, you can choose either AUX or Bluetooth.

In the future we will be releasing the Alexa skillset for SoundTouch, meaning you would be able to control any series of system via WiFi and would not need an active Bluetooth or AUX connection to the system. This feature will be released at a later date.

Let us know if this helps answer your question! Thanks!

Hammyman
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Hi Michael.  Thanks for that. I have ordered the Sound Touch 20 unit anyway, as I discovered my Ipad can Bluetooth Amazon Music to the Amazon Echo, it will definately do that with the Sound Touch speaker.  I know the Echo has no AUX socket.  Look forward to picking it up today!

All the best, Ian