Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Will the Shuffle problem ever be fixed?

The broken shuffle function was reported around 6 months ago, surely it can't be that difficult to fix? 

The approved work around is OK up to a point but with over 7000 songs in my music library I am continually creating smart playlists to play - I just want my music on a pre-select button to play in shuffle mode like it used to. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Will the Shuffle problem ever be fixed?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Hully

Hi Hully, 

Yes, the shuffle issue will be fixed shortly. Our Product Line Manager mentioned HERE that this will be fixed in February. Many apologies for the frustration. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Hully

Hi Hully, 

Yes, the shuffle issue will be fixed shortly. Our Product Line Manager mentioned HERE that this will be fixed in February. Many apologies for the frustration. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Downloaded the upgrade today - excited.

The Shuffle problem is NOT fixed!

Started playing my library playlist about 3 hours ago, so far only artists whose names begin with A, B, C or D play.

Oh dear!

biljir
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

I was just upgraded, and can confirm that the problem is not fixed. According to "System Settings", my speaker's software version is 14.0.15 and the app version is 14.80.6-708+9BD051B.

I notice that the spaker software version is considerably earlier than the 14.0.28 (I can't see that post as I write this, so the number is from memory) that was supposedly scheduled to be installed today.

So is there an update I haven't been given for some reason, or does this update not include the promised February fix to the shuffle issue?

- Alan -

tapestry1970
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

Agree - still not fixed!

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Hello Brent_B.

I set this thread to Solved based on trust that the Shuffle problem would be fixed by the February upgrade as stated in your reply. 

It is not fixed so can I ask why it was overlooked and when we can expect this to be addressed?

Regards

Hully 

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hello @Hully,

At least here at my house with all the speakers updated to Firmware 14.0.30 and the latest Software - playlist are shuffeling without any problems between A - Z (but only listening to list with not more than 150 Songs in it so far)

Regards

Central

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Hi CentralBK,

You will be fine with a 150 song list and I'm guessing right up until you get to 700 to 1000  because that is the sort of range the shuffle appears to be able to manage.

It's fortunate that there is a credible work around where you get iTunes to shuffle the playlist then play it through SoundTouch without shuffle on - the problem with that is that it starts at the beginning of the playlist on each session so you either have to remember where you were and scroll through to the new start point or create another shuffled playlist - irritating, particularly since shuffle was working perfectly until two software updates ago when it got broken.

Regards

Hully

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Ok, so just for fun I'll create a playlist in iTunes with 2000 songs and test again ...

CentralBK
Leader
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

@Hully,

Just took the "Tracks" list from the Soundtouch app to acces my iTunes library, that is round 10.000 songs. Playback in "Shuffle mode" goes through the whole alpabeth, from G to W back D and forward to S. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Central