Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Re: Will the Shuffle problem ever be fixed?

Hi Tapestry,

It shuffles around 100+ songs from your start point in the playlist, however that is organised, but never goes beyond those limits so you'll begin to notice the same songs repeating fairly frequently and, depending on the size of the playlist, most songs never playing.

The Bose approved work around is ok - I've been using it for 6 months now - but it's time they fixed it.

Cheers

Hully

cleveque
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2016

Hully, I too had the same problems ever since Sept or whenever that software update happened. However, as of today I am able to play my entire iTunes library/playlists in shuffle mode since I updated the software. I can't tell you how nice it is to go from an "A" artist to a "V" artist to a "J" artist. I have thousands of songs on my playlist, so I'm saying that this current update did in fact correct the issue.

I updated the software today and my Bose App is showing that the Interface Version is 14.80.6-700+EEA12A2 Protocol Version 59 App Version 14.80.6-708+9BD051B
Cheers

biljir
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

@cleveque wrote:

Hully, I too had the same problems ever since Sept or whenever that software update happened. However, as of today I am able to play my entire iTunes library/playlists in shuffle mode since I updated the software. I can't tell you how nice it is to go from an "A" artist to a "V" artist to a "J" artist. I have thousands of songs on my playlist, so I'm saying that this current update did in fact correct the issue.

I updated the software today and my Bose App is showing that the Interface Version is 14.80.6-700+EEA12A2 Protocol Version 59 App Version 14.80.6-708+9BD051B
Cheers

Cleveque,

That exactly matches my app level. Tell me, what is the software version for your speakers? So far, all of us still having the problem who have reported have speakers showing 14.0.15. If yours are 14.0.28 or 14.0.30, that suggests that the ultimate cause of the problem is that our speakers have not been updated, for some unknown reason.

Thanks.

cleveque
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2016

My speakers Software Version is 14.0.30 Again I updated it all earlier today, kinda force-fed it b/c I was becoming unglued with the bevy of issues I've been having with the entire system over the last couple days.

biljir
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

So there is definite circumstantial evidence that the issue is that those of us still suffering from the problem have not had our speakers updated. Perhaps they will be updated when I (we) get the latest support, and perhaps that will fix this for us.

Bose, are you listening? Is it an issue with installing updates that our speakers have not been updated and, if so, should 14.0.30 correct it when we get it?

Thanks,

- Alan -

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Hi Cleveque,

My software versions match yours but my speakers are 14.0.15. I forced a speaker software update using the 4 and vol- buttons but they are still showing the same version.

It seems some people have a resolution with the new software upgrade, sadly not me, so I need Bose to offer an explanation.

cleveque
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2016

I was able to update my speakers software via the Bose App. It took about 10 minutes or so for all speakers to update. Hope you're able to get it updated soon, b/c it is a joy to listen to my varied musical tastes in true shuffle again.

biljir
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

@cleveque wrote:

I was able to update my speakers software via the Bose App. It took about 10 minutes or so for all speakers to update. Hope you're able to get it updated soon, b/c it is a joy to listen to my varied musical tastes in true shuffle again.

Forgive my ignorance, but how does one get the app to do this?

cleveque
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2016

Try Settings; Speaker Settings; Update

biljir
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

Well, OK, I guess we really need Bose now. When I tried this, the speaker screen got overlaid with the Recently Played screen, making it unreadable. I got around that by getting out, selecting iTunes Library instead of Recently Played and going back to Speaker Settings. Then I could see the Update button, but clicking on it had no effect whatsoever.

Of course, I'm only at the 2/22 version of the app, not the latest one. Is there a way to get that too (though from your app version, it looks like you're running the same app as I am)? Bose, I think it's time for you to take some interest in this thread...