cleveque
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2016

Re: Will the Shuffle problem ever be fixed?

You might just need to call Bose support so they can assist with the new version for you. Good luck!

MRPip
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

I updated today.  PC with Win7, same Interface Version and Protocol version as posted by a user earlier (Interface Version 14.80.6-700+EEA12A2 with Protocol Version 59, and App Version 14.80.6-708+9BDO51B).

Problem has "improved" in that previously if I selected a track beginning with "C" it would only shuffle a few tracks with that letter.  Now, it will shuffle some tracks beginning with either "C" or "B."  Maybe if I went all the way through and picked "Z" it would play them all.  Would take forever to scroll through since there is no way to fast-scroll in the app and I have 12,600 tracks on my computer (which would make the "work around" I've seen a real pain to do).

Using an iTunes library (iTunes version 12.5.1.21

biljir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

Hi MRPip,

What's the sotfware level of your speakers?

MRPip
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

@biljir wrote:

Hi MRPip,

What's the sotfware level of your speakers?

I was just reading about this in previous posts.  My speaker (I only have one) is 14.0.15.

biljir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

You could try forcing a speaker update (though in my case clicking the Update button had no visible effect). If that does nothing, or does something but it doesn't help, I think we're stuck waiting for Bose.

MRPip
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

@biljir wrote:

You could try forcing a speaker update (though in my case clicking the Update button had no visible effect). If that does nothing, or does something but it doesn't help, I think we're stuck waiting for Bose.

I've not been able to figure out how to update the speaker.  I can't find an "update" button on the app.  Where should I look?

biljir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

That was my question earlier in the thread. The answer is: Try Settings; Speaker Settings; Update

MRPip
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

@biljir wrote:

That was my question earlier in the thread. The answer is: Try Settings; Speaker Settings; Update

Found it right after my last post.  Had no effect though.

biljir
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

This post is basically for the purpose of trying to get Bose to communicate with those of us that are frustrated by still not having a working shuffle fix.

This thread has documented circumstantial evidence that for the shuffle fix to be effective, one needs to have one's speakers at a level of at least 14.0.28. Ours are all at 14.0.15. In my case, my app was updated on 2/22, but apparently my speakers were not updated.

Is the reason for this understood? Whenever the 14.0.30 update is unleashed, can I expect my speakers to be updated? And, at the risk of asking a question which may not be answered, why is an update to the speaker firmware required to implement a correct shuffle, when common sense suggests that would be implemented by the app, not by the speakers?

This thread has been going on for at last five days or so, without any kind of acknowledgment, feedback or request for additional information from Bose. I think some communication is not too much to expect.

- Alan -

Hully
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the post, I'm also waiting for a Bose response to this thread. I Replied directly to the Bose Moderator Brent_B who intially gave me the assuance that the shuffle would be fixed by the February upgrade. I'm guessing they have a lot of issues to deal with and will have a priority list which should eventually get to this problem. I'll wait a few more days before maybe giving them a call.

Regards

Hully