waynefox
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

Re: Will the Shuffle problem ever be fixed?

I have a SoundTouch 30 series III.  The current software is 14.0.15.  I tried to force the speaker to update to version 14.0.30 by holding down the 4 and volume down buttons.  The speaker goes through the normal process, says it is downloading update, installs the update, restarts, only to remain at the same version.

So then I found this thread https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Update-14-0-30-prior-to-finding-bug/td-p/41469  Which says 14.0.30 update was pulled by Bose because of a bug.

so it seems that the update that fixed the shuffle problem was pulled becasue of a bug, so hopefully the next update will solve the problem.  The current work around functions pretty well, but I have several playlists that are a few hundred songs or more, so I don't like having to do this workaround for each one of them.  

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Hi waynefox,

Thanks for this post.

I've been through the same speaker update process as you with the same result so it does seem that the shuffle problem is tied in with the delayed 14.0.30 release.

I guess we just have to live with the work around until Bose swat the bug.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

The firmware update 14.0.33 will be released tomorrow, March 8th and it will solve this issue.

If there are any further questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

Thanks Brandon_M, this fix will please a lot of people.

regards

Hully

bookiniste
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2017

Can this please be returned to unsolved as the supposed fix is not yet on all systems, so not many will be able to confirm that its working. I've contacted (tried to, feel like I'm shouting at a blank wall) Bose at least twice about this and got bugger all response so I'm damned if I'm going to let them pat themselves on the back until the solution is out there and working.

Oh and Bose, while you're working on your UX, get the webpage team to let you log in from a page/post AND RETURN TO THAT POST otherwise it defeats the object of logging in.

biljir
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

I'm happy to say that the 14.0.33 update appears to have corrected this longstanding problem, at least on my system. My thanks to Bose for having finally come through and laid this problem to rest. I am also no longer seeing the problem with incessant flickering of the Recently Played screen.

Hully
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2015

So happy to report that 14.0.33 has solved the shuffle problem. Thanks Bose!

tapestry1970
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

Works OK for me now. Thank you (at last)!

Ock
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

My soundtouch 10 is updated to the latest update but the shuffle didnt remain after wall plug power off and turning it back on. 

Anyone's soundtouch10 managed to shuffle after the update?

Or did i do something wrong with the preset and shuffle setting?

Thanks!

tapestry1970
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

You have to update the speakers.

Settings - Speaker Settings - Update