Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanmier
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Will we ever be able to...

Hello,

I'm hoping one of the Bose representatives could tell me if either of these two options are under active development, because they may influence my longevity in sticking with the Bose SoundTouch system (which I'm really hoping to!).

(1) Being able to stream TV audio (from an HDMI source) to nearby SoundTouch speakers (e.g. a SoundTouch 10 in the kitchen). Will we ever be able to watch a sporting event while simultaneously having the audio from it play in another room? Surely this has something that has been considered and/or discussed, but I'd really like to know if it's being actively pursued internally.

(2) Will we ever get a preference option for turning off -- or at the very least adjusting -- the 18 minute auto off thing? This becomes very frustrating when utilizing a bluetooth headset with a source being routed through the Soundbar.

Would love to hear some specifics from the Bose team on these two issues.

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
TimDonovan
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2016

Re: Will we ever be able to...

My TV support bluetooth, so this is already possible for me..sort of. Delay is bad if you use "Play All".

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Will we ever be able to...

Hi seanmier,

Thanks for the post!

1: The software developers are working on AUX rebroadcast now, and once that is complete you will be able to do this.    We don't have a set date as to when that feature will be released, but we will notify the forum and update the release notes for the software.

2: I can certainly understand how that would be frustrating.  I'm going to forward your suggestion to the software dev team.

Let me know if you have any others!

Best,

Brandon