Chrity
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2016

Re: Windows 10 App

+1
If you're (Bose) smart you would just make one W10 universal app. You'll cover all the devices running on the W10 OS at once.
A nice plus is that you'll be in front off the compition..​​
Highlighted
rudierieck
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2015

still no answer from Bose......i think this community is only for the benefits of Bose not for their customers. The only people giving good ideas and answers are from the community not from Bose. They are ignoring thebwp 10 customers for months now. i really canot take Bose seriousbwjen they say anything...They reaction are like,  yeahh were looking at it, while they really dont do anything!!!  Im going to sell my set of soundtouch 130,2 times soundtouch 20 and 2 times soundtouch 10 and Ill buy a SONOS set. And to everyone else i say , go do the same,because Bose wont do sh....for you if it comes to service. Service my a.... @#$&... i live in the Netherlands near Germany and if a German compagny would deliver such bad service i would go to them and tell them in the face what i think of it.  its like buying a Mercedes without electric windows,because the compagny is still working/thinking if they should give it to the customers.   A big f... for Bose.
jessi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2016

A WP or Win10 Universal App would make the decision to buy the Bose System so much easier for me!
​But studying the comments here, I'm afraid I will end up with Sonos - they have at least a third Party app that seems to work quite well. I would rather habe the Bose, though. Guess I will keep hanging on and hoping for some time...
jaytea
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 30, 2016

Hmm, lots of dissapointed and angry people here...
Just in case a dev goes nuts and reads this, here's my +1:
Hi Bose.
I currently use your app on iOS. I want to take a moment to tell you a story.
I’ve been an apple user for 12 years, Desktop Mac OS X from 10.2, and then the iphone and ipad too. However, I’m actually at a point where I’ve just had enough of apple trying to coddle and spoon feed me like an imbecile over the last few years, more than enough of ‘it just works’ when it doesn’t, and last but not least of apple abandoning its pro products in favour of chasing domination of the boutique consumer market. Bitter? maybe! Anyway, I’m one of what seems to be many starting to switch from a mac and apple products to MS Windows based products. My new laptop this year is a Surface Pro instead of a macbook pro and an entry level surface instead of an ipad. But for the phone…. I am still stuck on iOS. 
You see I have been playing around with a cheap Lumia 550, just to get the feel of the OS and how well it might work for me. And largely it does work for me, the tile system is fine, typing on the keyboard is better than iOS, outlook and messaging are fine, but what is missing are a handful of key apps that I use on a regular basis – one of which is Bose Soundtouch. 
I know there’s been a chicken and egg going on here where consumers avoid this platform because there’s no apps, and you avoid making apps for it because its a tiny user base… but if I’m here now, theres certainly others doing the same – how about you take another look at porting your app to Windows 10 for mobile? Because right now, you and the makers of the apps below are the only things keeping me stuck on iOS, isn’t that interesting?
The missing Apps I actually use that keep me on iOS are:
Bose soundtouch
Economist espresso
Financial times (your web app doesn’t work on win10 mobile)
Insightly
Starbucks
Withings
Lumu photo
MLB at bat
As others have said above, if the app doesnt come then we'll end up going for other products that do support us. Here's hoping Bose ends up on my keep list and not in the bin!

swaan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 4, 2016

We really miss the internet music stations and hope that this will be resolved soon - we purchased this product specifically for this purpose - 
Almat
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2015

Windows Universal app please Bose, this is NOT just about Windows Phone, but ALL devices running Windows 10, the current offering is horrible on a touch device such as Surface Pro or my desktop with Dell touch screen. I have the following Soundtouch enabled devices, Lifestyle 535, Wave Radio III and  SA-4. A look through this community would put most people off buying Bose sadly as there are so many people that feel let down by the lack of progress with the Soundtouch ecosystem. It does not make for pleasant reading. I can't help feeling that Bose is making a half-hearted attempt at this. All the responses that I have seen from Bose give zero commitment to ever developing a Windows 10 app. The glacial speed that you add streaming services is most depressing as well. I'd love to see Soundcloud and others added.
gd3898
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2016

particulary now that in migrating to windows 10 there is no longer a windows media library so my soundtouch is not able to connect to a windows media library....

JAMESTOWNLEY1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2014

Bose I cannot believe that this topic has been one of the highest scored for the past couple of months on the main page and still not even an acknowledgement of it from you. There seems to be many people after a suitable universal windows app, what do we need to do to even get the possibility of an app investigated? It is worrying that Agile Tea can create a third party basic app with your own API but Bose cannot, surely it would not be difficult to get a Bose official app to at least this stage so you yourselves can see the interest by how many downloads you receive? On the flip side if you are really not interested in the windows and your customer using this why not allow Agile Tea to develop the app further without restrictions? 
Anyone who is not aware of the Agile Tea app can get it here and I can recommend it albeit limited in functionality by Bose:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/agile-tea-remote-for-bose-soundtouch/9nblggh6c7rd

felipefaccini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

@gd3898 There is a windows media player al a media library on windows 10. just type media player on cortana and you willl be able to add you library to Soundtouch. 

JanSK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 5, 2016