CaptnCrunch
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Windows 7 App keeps crashing

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me. I have the following problem - I want to be able to stream the music library located on my computer (windows 7 64bit) to my Sountouch 10. Now I didn't get the Windows Media Player to do it, so I downloaded the app and when I add my Windows Media Library it crashes after a while. Restarting the app didn't work and I dont't know what to do. Can anyone help?

Greetings,

Pablo

5 REPLIES 5
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Windows 7 App keeps crashing

Hi Pablo, 

Can you try to uninstall the app, reboot your PC, then re-install the app to see if that helps? If this doesn't work, can you try to launch the SoundTouchC variant of the app? The SoundTouchC variant will bypass a specific graphics interface that is not found in some Windows PCs. It is located in the SoundTouch folder found at either C:\Program Files (x86)\SoundTouch or C:\Program Files\SoundTouch.

Thank you 

CaptnCrunch
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Hey thanks for your answer, but unfortunately your solutions did not work for me. It keeps crashing.

CaptnCrunch
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

No other solutions?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Pablo,

Just to confirm, does this only happen when you add a WMP library?  If you don't have the library added, the app doesn't crash, correct?  Have you tried with an iTunes library?  

If the issue only happens with WMP, we might need to rebuild the WMP library.

Best,

Brandon

amandzuik
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2017

I'm having a similar problem. I installed the app on windows 7, crashes shortly after startup. Uninstalled, reinstalled, opened in safemode, opened "soundtouchC", crashes everytime. Have not even synced to WMP yet. I ran "soundtouchL" and have a log folder on my desktop. What should I do?