felipefaccini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

Windows Phone, Windows 8, and XBOX music support

Any plans to support windows phone, WIndows 8 tablets, and XBOX music in the future?
Windows phone and Windows 8.1 will be appreciated, I have the windows app on my surface po, but it is not touch friendly at all.  With microsoft universal apps creating both of the at the same time shouldn't be a problem.
XBOX music has a larger library than all the supported music services (35 Million songs), plus the integration with one drive that allows user to upload any song that is not part of their service.  Microsoft made their XBOX music API's available to anyone a couple of months ago.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Windows Phone, Windows 8, and XBOX music support

Hi Felipefaccini,

There have so far been no announcements regarding plans for a an app on the Windows Phone or Windows RT platforms or support for the Xbox music services. We can confirm that more music services are on the way, but the list of which streaming services those will be has not been released yet.

We appreciate your feedback and suggestions, and will mark this post for visibility to our developers.

Thank you. 

felipefaccini
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 19, 2015

Now that Microsoft has a copiler to allow IOS app to be converted into Windows apps, a windows app shoud be very simple to implemet:
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-introduces-tools-let-developers-quickly-compile-ios-apps-windows-10
Highlighted
Almat
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2015

I would also like to throw my support behind this.
Is there somewhere on this site we can vote for what improvements we would like to see implemented? Having said that, I was most dissapointed that you offer no support for Windows Phone and the interface for windows PC is so poor for touch support. I'd hate to think Bose would only do something about this if enough people complained. Many I suspect just would not purchase the system and look elsewhere. Please be proactive not reactive, it seriously limits the product as Bose has choosen to have the whole system revolve around the app, by catering only to Android and Apple it limits the appeal. As Felipefaccini points out it should be minimal effort and is a great sale tool to say you support all three common platforms. Many thanks in advance for your support.
Reflodark
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2015

Plus one! 
I really wanna buy new Bose products, they sound really great and still look beautifull, but with the absence of Windows support, i won't be able to use them to the max. And probably wil not buy them because of that. Wich is more my loss than yours, i know...... But with the new Windows 10, there will be millions of devices that are able to use the app so pretty please, build a working Windows app!!!