Highlighted
PChak
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Windows media library

I am able to add my windows media player library to the soundtouch app, but am unable to play the music. I can see the entire library, but when I try to play a song, the app tries to play it then quickly cycles through the next three or four titles before stopping. No sound plays on the soundtouch speaker during this process. This happens whether I try to play a track from album, artist, track, etc. lists.

I have tried using a Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 4, and tonight using a new HP gaming computer. Same issue regardless of PC, and I've triple checked the settings on WMP to ensure they match the Bose instructions... so the issue almost certainly is on the Bose/soundtouch side of things. I.e. Media streaming is on, my wave soundtouch IV is on the allowed list, and the appropriate items are checked off in windows media player to allow access for streaming. I've removed and re-added the libraries on both WMP and the soundtouch app several times.

Anyone else having the same experience? Any solutions?
2 REPLIES 2
PChak
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Windows media library

Bose support staff - any guidance to offer?

This is highly frustrating!

Re: Windows media library

Hi PChak,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your WMP library.

Just to confirm, is all of the music located locally on your computer?  If so, what are the file types?

Let me know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support