RenéS
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

Wired input - sound delay or speakers not in sync

It is possible to play the sound of wired input over all soundtouch speakers, only thing is that the main speaker will in sync with the video and the other speakers will have a delay of 3s. Or the speakers are all in sync but all of them have a delay of 3s compared to video. Previously there were question about this but there was an announcement that this will not be in the next update.

Is there already an update of the design team is working on this? With Sonos it is already possible for some time now and it looks like that Bose behind the competitors.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Wired input - sound delay or speakers not in sync

Hi ReneS,

Thanks for the post.  This is a great question.  I don't know if this is something that the software team is currently working on, but I'll submit a request to see if it will be added in the near future.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

RenéS
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

Did you receive any feedback from the software team?

Hi @RenéS,

Thank you for posting. Currently there has been no updates. Once we have more information, we will let you know.

Kind Regards,

Joel

bballman360
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Yet, another thing the current update broke. I tried playing music from the aux and broadcast this to my other two speakers. This is now delayed between the theee speakers. This used to work before the update. First we loose the ability to broadcast to all speakers via airplay now this. I’ve never been more frustrated with Bose than I have now. Fix this as soon as you can because to me this is a huge issue.

Hi bballman360,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with Play All.

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?  If you can, please power cycle your speakers and try Play All again.  Is it still delayed?

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

bballman360
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2018

Yes, I have tried all those.  I have even tried recconcnecting the speakers to the wifi.  I play a turntable to a 30 system via the aux cord and then broadcast that to a 10 and portable system.  This work fine up untill the last update and now it is delayed.  

Highlighted
RenéS
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

Hello Support,

It is now 4 weeks ago, did you receive any feedback from the development team if they are working on this kind of solution?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @RenéS,

Thank you for the inquiry. There has been no communication as for when or if this will be implemented. If there is any new information on this, we will let the community know.

Kind Regards,

Joel