Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Wireless connection problem Sound Touch 10

Hi There,

I am having problems with connecting to my speaker using the app.

I have tried different devices, I have tried to update it, i have tried factory reset.

I have logged into the router and it says there that it is connected.

I have switched off parental controls etc.

When I try to connect to it using the app it tells me to hold 2 and - together until the wifi signal goes orange and then I follow the procedures but it just won't connect.

It has worked with no problems on two previous routers.  This router is recent from BT Hub-6.

Could it be that there are some settings on there that I need to change in order for it to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Sturla

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Wireless connection problem Sound Touch 10

Hello Stulli69,

When you are following the procedures in the application, which screen does the setup not progress through? Are you able to get to the WiFi connection screen, but are unable to see your WiFi network, or does the application never make it that far? Does the SoundTouch 10 ever show a solid white LED for the WiFi symbol?

Also, have you tried to setup the system using a laptop or desktop, or another mobile device to attempt the setup?

Let us know the answers to the questions above and we can certainly assist from there! Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply.
After further testing I wasn't getting anywhere so I called the helpline.
It seemed that the speaker was trying to connect but as it was trying it knocked the WiFi connection off on my devices.
Once this had happened when I was on the phone with your representative he asked me to reset the router.
This solved the problem and all works as it should now.
Thanks again
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Stulli69,

That is great to hear! A router reset can certainly help resolve some issues in the network.

Let us know if you have any other questions or experience any further difficulty! Thanks!