Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2016

Wiring Bose Speakers to speaker wire

I have an older set of Bose Speakers Accoustimas, probably 10-15 years old.  I recently moved into a new house that was prewired.  I have wired 6 of my speakers directly to my bass using the bose wiring, but I don't want my chords dragged across the floor of my tv room.  Can I hook the the last 4speakers to the existing speaker wire and connect that to my bass.  Are there connectors that I can use on the speaker wire that will plug into my Bose speakers and the bass.   HOpe this makes sense.
Kitesy 
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Wiring Bose Speakers to speaker wire

Hello Kitesy,
Thank you for your inquiry. Since we have had many Acoustimass systems over the years, it is difficult to provide an exact answer. Some systems have bare speaker-wire connections on all speakers, others may use something different. It sounds like your system may be one that would require adapters to allow use of the bare-speaker wire.
I would recommend contacting your region’s support team, directly by phone. They will be able to identify exactly which system you are using, and will be able to check availability for any required adapters. 
You can find your region’s support information here: https://www.soundtouch.com/support
Thank you