Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Woofer won’t pair

Just purchased the Acoustimass, but I just can’t get it to pair. Tried turning sound bar and woofer,  of then trying again, but they just won’t pair. Any ideas? Won’t even connect with 3.5 jack plug. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Woofer won’t pair

Author Accepted Answer selected by Barnowl

Hi Barnowl,

I'm glad to hear that the Acoustimass 300 was able to pair! In terms of the independent volume control of the Acoustimass 300, that would only be possible at the moment via the Bass button on the SoundTouch 300 remote. Having said that I will certainly pass this over to the development team in form of a feedback request.

Thank you,

-Michael

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Have you tried a factory reset . Unplug sub, then set up sound at with the app. Then plug sub back in and try to pair again?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Yes. Reset the he sound bar then tried again, with no luck. I also have a 3.5 jack stereo connector, but that doesn’t work either. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Is there a light on the back of the sub when it’s plugged in?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Managed to pair on the 3rd Soundbar factory re-set. I can control the soundbar volume via the app. but the Acoustimass isn’t showing up on the app. I had a demo. at the Bose showroom and the Bass unit volume was controlled separately, via the app.  I have re- downloaded the app. but still no joy. 

Any ideas. 

Thnx

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Just spoke to Bose Support, it would appear that the Acoustimass does not have a separate volume control, so I must have been confused at the demo. Still, it seems a bit odd that the bass only has the minimal control via the remote, but even this is not  really volume. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Author Accepted Answer selected by Barnowl

Hi Barnowl,

I'm glad to hear that the Acoustimass 300 was able to pair! In terms of the independent volume control of the Acoustimass 300, that would only be possible at the moment via the Bass button on the SoundTouch 300 remote. Having said that I will certainly pass this over to the development team in form of a feedback request.

Thank you,

-Michael

View solution in original post