Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

XBOX ONE X - SOundtouch 300 - Optoma GT1080Darbee (5.1 sound output is not working)

Hi, 

I recently purchased the soundtouch 300 + acoustimass 300+ Wireless 300 speaker combination.

I am running an hdmi cable from the xbox to the soundtouch and from there to the projector.

I couldnt get the soundtouch to play any audio! 

Spent about an hour trying to restart the projector , soundtouch (this after installing the update for soundtouch 300 speakers). 

Earlier I had the same setup, but only difference was instead of the Bose system, I was running it through the Klipsch RSB6 (2.1 channel soundbar + wireless sub), and it worked fine. 

Now ... it was just silence. The system is working fine when I stream over bluetooth.

Any idea on how to make this work for 5.1 ?

I tried a work around (Thank Google!), where the X-box sends uncompressed stereo output and I set send AUX input over HDMI and that worked after a fashion. However when you do that, my Xbox cannot send a signal to Bose to shut it down when the X box shuts down  AND I am unable to get the Xbox to send 5.1 output to the system. It says your audio system cannot handle this!

weird, when something worked with a 250$+tax Klipsch a $1700+tax system is driving me nuts.

Any help or workaround or pointers on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

S.C.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Re: XBOX ONE X - SOundtouch 300 - Optoma GT1080Darbee (5.1 sound output is not working)

update: I have been reading this forum and a few others. They mention setting ARC off should work? Will that help? And how do i do this?

I really want to resolve this as soon as I can, else I will be saddled with a system I cant use. If the setup is not working, I might as well return the system and be done with it. 

Thanks and Regards.