Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2015

airplay delay/out of sync since latest update (soundtouch 20 / windows itunes / ipod touch)

hi all

since the latest app update (16.140.46) itunes playback is now out of sync (about -2 secs) with the othe airplay device i have (b&w zeppelin). i've tried factory resetting the soundtouch and removing the app from the ipod and reconnecting the speaker. no joy. was perfectly in sync before the latest update. airplay optimisation is enabled in the app as it was before.

tried rebooting the router too

any suggestions?

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

Re: airplay delay/out of sync since latest update (soundtouch 20 / windows itunes / ipod touch)

Same problem here!

The Update is the Issue. Is there a way to go back in a previous version? 

Greetings

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2016

Re: airplay delay/out of sync since latest update (soundtouch 20 / windows itunes / ipod touch)

same problem here - updated on Sunday and problems happened immediately after the update.  I am playing music via iTunes on a Mac, with a Wave Soundtouch and various other Airplay devices.

Does anyone know how can we roll back to the previous software?

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2017

I hate it’s coming like this. This delay is unacceptable for your expensive products. So inconvenient
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2015

well glad to see i'm not the only one with issues! shame i wasted 3 hours... resetting rebooting uninstalling reinstalling...  thinking the issue was with my devices. boooo

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi everyone, 

Many apologies for the issue. Our software team has identified the root of the issue and is actively working on a fix. Unfortunately, we don't have a good way of rolling back to a previous version. Once we have additional information on the fix for this, we will share it. 

Kind Regards 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

Hi Brent,

thanks for your answer. Iam glad that you guys found the issue.. I can't use my soundtouch products how I used them before, so I hope there will be an update soon! 

Greetings

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2016

Same here....and a very unstable stream too!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2017

Is there any update or ETA on this issue?  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Exactly same problem description at my side. Glad to hear your SW team is working on the fix. But I expect from a quality-company that they test their new SW more decently wrt regression errors! We all payed a lot for the Bose-quality products, we expects to get this quality in return, also on the SW part.