gordyvr
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

Re: airplay delay/out of sync since latest update (soundtouch 20 / windows itunes / ipod touch)

I agree!!  I've got 3 bose speakers in my house, there will not be a 4th.  I'm going to try to sell the 2 Soundtouch on craigslist and re-gift the Sound-Link.

Sono's seems to be the best choice - anone have thoughts on Bose replacements?

gordyvr
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

Re: airplay delay/out of sync since latest update (soundtouch 20 / windows itunes / ipod touch)

When is the next Phucking update Brent?

cdcochran5
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2017

It is quite unbelievable that a Bose representative would leave a comment that the 'out of synch with Airplay' issue would be resolved in the next software update, and then not respond at all when asked multiple times to provide a date range of when that next update might take place.   Is this the norm for BOSE customer service?

Also, I read elswhere from BOSE itself that all NEW soundtouch products will NOT support Airplay.  Why is that not being revealed to us here?  My bet is that all support of Airplay goes away in all current Soundtouch products as well when the software is upgraded.  I think we all screwed ourselves by upgrading the software. It would have been nice if Bose had alerted us to this upfront.  I do not mind Bose doing what it has to do regarding future support, etc.. but what I do mind is this EXTREMELY poor, non responsive customer service, and not communicating to its customers properly.  I will be documenting my negative experience here along these lines whenever and wherever I can, and certainly will never buy a Bose product again. 

Paul13
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Halleluja !!!

I installed the new version of the software this morning and everything now works great ! 

It was long but nevertheless I want to say Thank You to Bose !

🙂

Paul13
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bravo !!!

I installed the new version of the software this morning and everything now works great ! 

It was long but nevertheless I want to say Thank You to Bose !

🙂

tlimburn
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2016

Hello Paul13

Good to hear.  

Do you mind me asking where you are in the world because I'm in the UK and my system isn't seeing the update as yet?

Thanks,

Tom

toman
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

I am happy to hear this too, BUT it has not reached Denmark yet 😞

I have just up-dated.....and with the same poor result......

Tom /Denmark

ggibby
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

I just applied the update to my SA-4 but am not able to test yet.

Notable that I still don't see the 'AirPlay Optimize' switch on the Speaker Details page...

does not bode well.

-G

cdcochran5
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2017

Bose,

Thank you for fixing this.  However, I still do not understand your lock of communication and responsiveness.   Your last response on this page was to tell us that this would be fixed in the next software release.   But then you offer no date range at all when your next software release will be coming out, in spite of multiple people asking you.   The software release then comes out (just for the US initially I assume) and you dont even tell us that it has come out so we can upgrade, we have to learn from each other.  You also did not address what I had heard elsewhere, that all new Bose products would not support Airplay.    As such, I just went out and purchased a $1200 Paradigm soundbar; I would have purchased a Bose soundbar if you had not gone dark on us.   Please answer these questions:  1) When will this new software release be made available to countries outside the US?  2) Are there any plans to "not" support Airplay in the future, and if so, when approximately will that happen?  3)  Will current soundtouch products that support Airplay now, not support Ariplay in the future and if so, when?   I look forward to your answers, and to better responsiveness.   Thank you.  

James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

There's a stickied post at the top of this forum where they communicated about the update and how it was being rolled out.

Bose still supports Airplay on the products that have it, adding the ability to rebroadcast Airplay audio to new systems without Airplay. That wasn't a feature of those products when they came out. I don't remember seeing anything stating they are ending Airplay support, have you? Airplay was replaced with Bluetooth functionality when the series 2 SoundTouch 20 and 30 speakers came out, around the same time Apple ceased promoting it. Airplay was never on the any of the home theater systems, presumably because Apple wanted customers to buy an Apple TV for this capability. Apple has announced Airplay 2 and touted Bose as one of their partner's whose product will have it but Apple hasn't released their own product with it, let alone providing any information as to how they'll implement it in other manufacturer's products.